Journal issues: 2/2001
A NEW MODEL FOR BLOW-OFF OF A GAS PIPELINE
The authors worked out a calculation process and software for calculating the working conditions of blow-off systems at technological stations of gas pipelines. One part of the examined system is the closed gas pipeline section, the other is the blow-off pipe provided with a control valve. To create the model they analysed the blow-off process, on the basis of which the simplifying assumptions were determined. The calculation model gives non- steady values of pressure, temperature and the gas flow at chosen points of the system. In the second part of the article the authors present the application of the calculation algorithm with the help of examples for all the three control options. On the basis of the results the changes in the blow-off gas flow and after all the venting time can be seen for each control method,. The elaborate calculation process and software can be used either to plan new flare systems or to analyse the working conditions of existing systems.
- Bobok E.(1997): Hydraulics (in Hungarian) University Press, Miskolc
- Coulter, B.M. (1984): Compressible Flow Manual Handbook for the design of compressible flow piping systems
- FLARE 1.0 User Manual (in Hungarian) University of Miskolc, Miskolc, 1998.
- Liepman, H.W.-Roshko, A.(1957): Elements of Gasdynamics John Wiley, New York
- Oswatitch, K.-Kuerti, G.(1957): Gas Dynamics Academic Press, New York
- Streeter, V.L.(1961): Handbook of Fluid Dynamics McGraw Hill, New York