Journal issues: 2/2005
19 November, 2005
THE ANALYSIS AND CHOISE OF METHODS FOR CALCULATION OF PRESSURE GRADIENT IN THE WELLBORE.
This work contains the analysis of existing common methods for calculation of multiphase flow parameters in wells. Described of different methods and considered their classification. Restrictions and area of their application examined, made recommendations for their use.
- J.P. Brill, H.Mukherjee “Multiphase Flow in Wells” – SPE 1999.
- Hagedorn, A.R. and Brown, K.E: “Experimental Study of Pressure Gradients Occuring During Continuous Two-Phase Flow in Small-Diameter Vertical Conduits”, JPT ( april 1965) 475.
- Hasan, A.R. and Kabir, C.S.: “A Study of Multiphase Flow Behavior in Vertical Wells,” SPEPE (1998) 263; Trans., AIME, 285
- Ansari, A.M. et al.: “A Comprehensive Mechanistic Model for Two-Phase Flow in Wellbores,” SPEPF (1994) 143; Trans., AIME, 297
- Duns, H.Jr. and Ros, N.C.J.: “Vertical Flow of Gas and Liquid Mixtures in Wells,” Proc., Sixth World Pet. Cong., Tokyo (1963) 451.
- Beggs, H.D. and Brill, J.P.: “A Study of Two-Phase Flow in Inclined Pipes,” ОЗЕ (1973) 607; Trans., AIME, 255.
- Mukherjee, H. and Brill, J.P.: “Pressure Drop Correlation for Inclined Two-Phase Flow,” J. Energy Res. Tech. 1985 107, 549
- Aziz, K., Govier, G.W., and Fogarasi, M.: “Pressure Drop in Well Producing Oil and Gas,” J. Cdn. Pet. Tech. 1972 11, 38
- Orkiszewski, J.: “Predicting Two-Phase Pressure Drops in Vertical Pipes,” JPT (June 1967) 829.
- Pucknell, J.K., Mason, J.N.E., and Vervest, E.G.: “An Evaluation of Recent Mechanistic Models of Multiphase Flow for Predicting Pressure Drops in Oil and Gas Wells,” paper SPE 26682, 1993
- Salim, P.H. and Stanislav, J.F.: “Evaluation of Methods Describing the Flowof Gas Liquid Mixture in Wells,” J. Cnd. Pet. Tech. jan. 1994 - 33, 58