Parameters and characteristics analyses in choosing high-speed automatic transfer switch (HSATS) devices for oil and gas plants power systems
High-speed automatic transfer switch (HSATS) has been designed to enhance security of Essential Service supply and to provide dynamic stability of complex electromotor load in cases of short-run disturbance of power supply input. Its performance is based on continuous monitoring of line-to-earth voltage and current values at busbars of two distributor gear incoming units, their transformation into complex effective voltage and positive-sequence current values as well as software processing of measurement values . The device appears to be only one component of HSATS system which apart from the start-up system itself comprises also current and voltage transformers as well as power cutoff switches, their number depending on distributor gear circuit. While among these only power cutoff switches can influence transfer speed. This fact determines the necessity to use modern ballistic breakers that provide standby uninterrupted power supply system (UPS) total switching time taking into consideration starter action time thus providing full load performance independent of its composition. The article covers the results of the differential analyses of parameters and characteristics of HSATS most frequently used at oil and gas plants. The main problems arising in the process of such devices operation are studied.
- Gamazin S.I. High-speed automatic transfer switch devices and the continuity of technological processes problem solvation. // Electroinfo, 2008. № 9. pp. 54-63. (in russian).
- Gamazin S.I., Stavcev V.A., Cyruk S.A. Transients in industrial power systems, electric motor due to load. М.: Publishing MEI, 1997. pp. 231-232.
- Gurevitch V.V. Microprocessor-based protection relays: new possibilities or new problems // Electric equipment, operation and maintenance, 2008. No12. pp. 14-23. (in russian).
- Gurevich V.V. Nonconformance in Electromechanical Output Relays of Microprocessor-Based Protection Devices under Actual Operating Conditions. Electrical Engineering & Electromechanics, 2006. № 1 pp. 12-15 (in russian).
- Microprocessor-based high-speed automatic transfer switch initiating device unit for two-section substations 6-20 kV “BRESLER-MEI MBPU 0107.071”. Operation manual.// Cheboksary, 2007. pp. 12-14 (in russian).
- Thyristor Controlled ATS in networks with powerful synchronous motors / Rubashev G.I. et al. // Industrial Energy, 1995. № 4. pp. 15–18. (in russian).
- High-speed transfer switch SUE3000. Technical passport. // Germany, 2011. pp. 5-7 (in russian).
configuration; high-speed automatic transfer switch; oscillogram; software; конфигурация; осциллограмма; программное обеспечение; устройство быстродействующего автоматического ввода резерва References to this article (GOST) M.G. Bashirov, A.S. Kuznetsov, S.A. Sablin Parameters and characteristics analyses in choosing high-speed automatic transfer switch (HSATS) devices for oil and gas plants power systems // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2013. №4. P.11-19. URL: http://ogbus.ru/eng/authors/Bashirov/Bashirov_6e.pdf