Journal issues: 2/2015
30 April, 2015
ANALYSIS OF NODES IN DEMOUNTABLE MODULAR SPACE STRUCTURES
FSBEI HPE USPTU, Ufa, the Russian Federation; Iraq, Dhi Qar University
The present article contains a general analysis of various types of nodes used in space constructions, as well as different types of connectors, which are the key elements determining commercial effectiveness of any assemblage. All the main patented connection systems were classified and described in charts.
Among more than 250 types of node systems proposed many are not efficient mainly due to their far too complicated method of connection. The conclusion was made that node systems with solid parts are far more efficient economically, as they consume less material and are easier to manufacture. Moreover, their reliability is high due to absence of weak spots like uneven welds. However, these systems are hard to modify and assemble.
In contrast to spherical connectors, node systems with space joint plates admit more deviations in the length of bars and are easy to assemble.
Welded connections have many disadvantages, as compared to bolted connections. For instance, they require more assembling work, more accuracy in adjustment of angle and the length of bars etc. However, their significant advantage is the ability to connect any number of elements at any angle. Systems without a connector are only efficient in cases when estimated loads are light. Although the constructions do not require much metal, they still require the minimal faults and thorough adjustment in manufacturing.
The comparative analysis of various types of connectors revealed that the Mero system proved to be theoretically the most efficient typefor manufacturing roofs of vertical cylindrical steel oil tanks, due to absence of welds and easy assemblage. However, in this paper the welded disc is recommended for this purpose, since it is the optimal low-cost variant which makes it possible to connect rods of different size and form and to alter the number of bolts used for connecting. Moreover, it is easy to manufacture and assemble.
- Analiz sushhestvujushhih uzlov soprjazhenija prostranstvennyh konstrukcij i razrabotka sborno-razbornogo uzlovogo jelementa / I.S. Inzhutov, [i dr.]. // Vestnik MGSU. 2013. № 3. S. 61–71.
- Makowski Z.S. Development of jointing systems for modular prefabricated steel space structures // Proceedings of the international symposium. Warsaw, Poland, 2002. Pp. 17–41.
- Gerrits, J.M. 1996. The architectural impact of space frame systems. // Proceedings of Asia-Pacific Conference on Shell and Spatial Structures 1996. China Civil Engineering Society, Beijing.
- Ramaswamy G.S., Eekhout M., Suresh G.R. Steel space frames, analysis, design and construction // Produced by Thomas Felford Publishing. London, 2002.
- Chilton J. Space Grid Structures // Produced by Plant a tree. Great Britain, 2000.
Mero; oil tanks; spatial lattice; the nodal connections; three-dimensional structure; wasp-bolt connections; нефтяные резервуары; осе-болтовые соединения; пространственные решетки; система Меро; трехмерные конструкции; узловые соединения DOI 10.17122/ogbus-2015-2-206-216 References to this article (GOST) Okab A.K. ANALYSIS OF NODES IN DEMOUNTABLE MODULAR SPACE STRUCTURES // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2015. №2. P.206-216. URL: http://ogbus.ru/issues/2_2015/ogbus_2_2015_p206-216_OkabAK_ru.pdf