Journal issues: 4/2015
Language: (RU, EN)
8 September, 2015
NUMERICAL STUDY OF STRESS AND DEFORMATION IN THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE DOUBLE-LAYER ROOF FOR VERTICAL CYLINDRICAL STEEL OIL TANKS
FSBEI HPE USPTU, Ufa, the Russian Federation
FSBEI HPE USPTU, Dhi Qar University, Ufa, the Russian Federation, Iraq
The present article deals with the calculation and comparative analysis of stress and deformation in the double-layer roof for large oil tanks when using three different modules: a parallelepiped, a triangular pyramid and a rectangular pyramid. For modeling stress and deformation in the supporting elements of a dome roof the method of finite elements is the most suitable one to be applied. For the analysis and optimization of the construction of a double-layer dome roof with the diameter 60-100 meters software package SAP2000 was used, which enables optimizing structural modules, at the same time reducing the dead load, as well as the stress and deformation in the rods. The article provides information on dependence of the dead load and stress on the distance between the layers of the roof, along with the numerical values of deformation occurring in the roof under the effect of the dead load and snow load. Analysis of the obtained data revealed that when using an inverse pyramid with a rectangular base (module 3) the parameters of a dome roof are optimal. The result of the research is an optimized project of a double-layer dome roof for vertical cylindrical steel oil tanks with the diameter of 60.7 meters which has the following characteristics: the module height h = 2100 mm, the minimum number of nodes is 1773, the minimum number of rods is 6772, the maximum deformation is 23 mm, the maximum stress is 228 Mpa, while the dead load and the number of rods are minimal, preserving necessary firmness, safety and resistance to deformation.
- SP 20.13330.2011. Loads and Effects. Updated Edition. Building Standards and Rules SNiP 2.01.07-852.01.07-85*. Official edition. Moscow: 2011. 58 p. [in Russian].
- Tanks for Oil and Oil Products. Volume 1. Constructions and Equipment / Mustafin F.М., Zhdanov R.A., Karavaichenko M.G. and others. St. Petersburg: Nedra, 2010. 480 p. [in Russian].
- State Standard GOST 19281-89.Rolled Heavy-Duty Steel. General Specifications. Moscow: Standartinform, 2000. 15 p. [in Russian].
- Analysis, design and realization of space frames: a state-of-the-art report // Bulletin of the International Association of Shell and Spatial Structures, Special Issue. 1984. № 15. Pp. 84-85.
- Chilton J. Space Grid Structures. Great Britain: Architectural Press, 2000. 191 p.
deformation; double-layer; numerical study; oil tank; SAP2000; snow load; stress; деформация; купольная крыша; напряжение; НДС; нефтяной резервуар; снеговая нагрузка; численный анализ DOI 10.17122/ogbus-2015-4-231-254 References to this article (GOST) Karavaichenko M.G., Okab A.K. NUMERICAL STUDY OF STRESS AND DEFORMATION IN THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE DOUBLE-LAYER ROOF FOR VERTICAL CYLINDRICAL STEEL OIL TANKS // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2015. №4. P.231-254. URL: http://ogbus.ru/issues/4_2015/ogbus_4_2015_p231-254_KaravaichenkoMG_ru_en.pdf