Journal issues: 5/2011
Language: (RU, EN)
1 September, 2011
The effectiveness of energy resources and successive technological stages
This article discusses criteria for comparing the effectiveness of energy resources. It focuses on the interrelationship between the effectiveness of energy resources and movement from one technological stage to another. What emerges is the consistent pattern of change in existing technologies, and increasingly evident is that, at their current stage of development, neither nano- nor biotechnology will lead to an evolution from the current and fifth technological stage to a sixth. Of note is that at present oil remains the key energy resource, which means that in the near future peak oil will force us to confront an unprecedented event in industrial history: energy degradation, which can be viewed as a regressive movement in the existing technological stage.
- Korzhubaev A.G. Oil and Gas Complex of Russia in the Context of Transformation of the International Power Supply System. Novosibirsk, INGG, GEO, 2007. 270 p.
- Goloskokov A.N. Kriterii sravneniya effektivnosti traditsionnykh i al'ternativnykh energoresursov (Criteria of effectiveness of traditional and alternative sources of energy). Electronic scientific journal "Neftegazovoe delo - Oil and Gas Business", 2011,
- Safronov A.F., Goloskokov A.N. EROEI kak pokazatel' effektivnosti dobychi i proizvodstva energoresursov (EROEI as efficiency index of energy recourses recovery and production), Burenei i neft', Issue 12, 2010, pp. 48 - 51. http://burneft.ru/archive/issues/2010-12/13
- Charles A.S. Hall. Cutler J. Cleveland. EROI: definition, history and future implications, ASPO-US conference, Denver, November 10, 2005. URL: http://www.esf.edu/efb/hall/talks/EROI6a.ppt (Last accessed 10.09.2010).
- Interview with dr. Robert L. Hirsch. The Impending World Energy Mess / The Energy Crash Blog. URL: http://energycrash.blogspot.com/2010/09/impending-world-energy-mess-with-robert.html (Last accessed 10.09.2010).
- List of common conversion factors. URL: http://astro.berkeley.edu/~wright/fuel_energy.html (Last accessed 10.09.2010).
- Glaz'ev S.Yu. Strategiya operezhayushchego razvitiya Rossii v usloviyakh global'nogo krizisa (The strategy of accelerated development Russia in the the global crisis conditions). Moscow: Ekonomika, 2010. 255 p.
- Yakovets Yu.V. Epokhal'nye innovatsii XXI veka (Epochal innovations of the XXI century). Moscow: Ekonomika, 2004. 444 с.
- Moiseev N.N. Sud'ba tsivilizatsii. Put' razuma. (Fate of civilization. Wisdom's Path). Moskva, MNEPU, 1998. 228 p.
effectiveness of energy resources; EROEI; peak oil; sixth technological stage; technological stages; пик добычи нефти; технологические уклады; шестой технологический уклад; эффективность энергоресурсов References to this article (GOST) A.N. Sokolov. The effectiveness of energy resources and successive technological stages // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2011. №5. P.428-438. URL: http://ogbus.ru/eng/authors/SokolovAN/SokolovAN_7e.pdf