Environmentally safe conditions for synthesis of isobutyric acid
Isobutyric acid is used as the extractant of alkaline elements, in production of the preserving and desiccants. Perspective direction is the use of IBA is production of higher isomeric monocarboxylic acids based on it. Isobutyric acid is used limitedly of in organic synthesis due to its high cost. Isobutyric acid, as well as all lower monocarboxylic acids, mainly obtained by oxidizing the corresponding aldehyde. However, the known methods are characterized by low output of the target acid and not high change ratio of the aldehyde. To achieve high output of isobutyric acid without the accumulation of peracids the influence of the flow rate of the oxidizing gas, temperature, duration of oxidation on peracid content , output of isobutyric acid and change ratio of isobutyraldehyde are investigated in the present work. Researches have shown that in the presence of oxygen isobutyraldehyde reacts much faster – change ratio in one hour was 86 %, whereas in the oxidation by air – 60 %. However, the rate of peracid formation in oxygen oxidation is much higher and is equal to 4,3 % of post- mix weight. An environmentally safe conditions of liquid-phase oxidation of isobutyraldehyde to isobutyric acid are also investigated. Catalyst mixture, preventing the accumulation of hazardous peracids in the reaction mixture is developed. Best results are obtained by using selected catalytic system consisting of cobalt acetate, manganese acetate and cobalt bromide, in the ratio 1:0,5:0,1. In this case, the change ratio of IBA in one hour is 94 % and the content of peracid in the reaction mixture does not exceed 1,2 wt. %. A method of recovery of isobutyraldehyde from waste gases by chemisorption of polypropylene polyammine is proposed. The obtained Schiff base are proposed as an additive to corrosion inhibitors active base.
- Industrial circuit oxosynthesis /Vysotsky M.P. [and other]. L.: VNIINeftehim, 1977. pp. 80. [in russian].
- Isobutyric acid obtaining by liquid phase oxidation of isobutyraldehyde in the column reactor with Panchenkov’s packing / Aminova G.K. [and other] // Bashkir Chemistry Journal, 2011. № 3. P.160 -164. [in russian].
- Lebedev N.N. Chemistry and technology of basic organic and petrochemical synthesis. M.: Khimiya, 1982. pp. 608. [in russian].
- Intermediates and mechanisms of heterogeneous catalytic reactions. Oxidation reactions involving molecular oxygen and sulfur /Krylov O.V. [and other] // Usp. khimii. 1995. Vol. 64. P.177-197. [in russian].
- The mechanism of oxidation of aldehydes to acids on Mo - containing catalysts Margolis L.Y. [and other] / Union Conference on the mechanisms of catalytic reactions. M., 1978. P. 316-325. [in russian].
- Corrosion inhibitors for oil production: an analysis of the Russian market. Marketing research. Academy of Industrial Markets Conjuncture, 2010. pp.75. [in russian].
- Metal corrosion inhibitors / Vigdorovich V.I. [and other]. Tambov: Publ. Pershin R.V., 2010. pp. 223. [in russian].
- The catalytic liquid phase oxidation of isobutyraldehyde to isobutyric acid Abdrakhmanova E.N. [and other] // Industrial production and use of elastomers. 2011. № 4. pp. 41-43. [in russian].
- The method of corrosion inhibitor obtaining: pat. 2394941 Russian Federation. № 2008152528/02; appl. 29.12.2008, publ. 20.07.2010. [in russian].
- The method of corrosion inhibitors obtaining: pat. 2394817 Russian Federation. № 2008152527 /04; appl. 29.12.2008, publ. 20.07.2010. [in russian].
corrosion inhibitor; isobutyraldehyde; isobutyric acid; liquid phase oxidation; off-gases; peracid; polypropylene polyammine; Schiff bases; абгазы; жидкофазное окисление; изомасляная кислота; изомасляный альдегид; ингибитор коррозии; надкислота; основания Шиффа; полипропиленполиамины DOI 10.17122/ogbus-2013-6-538-551 References to this article (GOST) A.R. Maskova, E.N. Abdrakhmanova, G.K. Aminova, G.G. Yagafarova, E.A. Byilova, A.K. Mazitova. Environmentally safe conditions for synthesis of isobutyric acid // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2013. №6. P.538-551. URL: http://ogbus.ru/eng/authors/MaskovaAR/MaskovaAR_1.pdf