Journal issues: 5/2013
1 September, 2013
Experimental investigations of the method for determination of liquids level in the conduit of main gas pipelines
The article contains brief overview of the problem of liquids accumulation in the conduit of main gas pipelines, conditions of such process stimulation analyzed as well as the ways to solve the given problem proposed. It was found that currently there are no methods for direct location and volume evaluation for such liquid accumulations. As a solution of the given problem the use of monitoring posts for liquid level measurement with ultrasonic measurement unit are proposed. Technical and economic advantages of such solutions are demonstrated. The paper contains the series of experimental investigations aimed on verification of functional ability of the prior proposed method for liquid accumulation level determination inside the pipeline conduit. The elaborated methodology of experimental investigations foreseen long-term research on possibility of long lasting acoustic contact of the transducer with pipe surface together with investigations on determination of levels of liquids with different density. Experimental investigation were completed in laboratory conditions and with physical model of the pipeline buried in the ground for more than 3 years. The possibility of accurate measurement of the technical water level and hydrocarbon fraction altogether has been demonstrated with the relative error of 6,2%. Moreover, the need of utilization the adaptive Savitsky-Golay filter has been stated for noise cancelation purposes and strict distinguish between water and hydrocarbon levels. Long term tests of the developed system showed the possibility of implementation autonomous monitoring systems according to the proposed technology at the buried pipelines. Monitoring systems are embodied as autonomous measurement units which do not require additional maintenance and results readings will be done using secondary portable instrument.
- Usolcev М.Y., Korshak А.А. Vynos skopleniy zhidkosti iz magistralnyh gazoprovodov // Gornyj informacionno-analiticheskiy bulleten. ¬2011. №12. C. 322–325. [in russian].
- Kutuzov S.E. Problema postroeniya technologicheskoj modeli nefteprovoda. Vodnyje skoplenia // Neftegazovoe delo. 2004. №7. S. 34 – 38. [in russian].
- Rybitsky I.V., Yavorskyi A.V., Banakhevich R.Y. Stacionarnaya sistema izmereniya urovna zhidkosti v polostyah deystvuyushchih gazoprovodov // Nauchni izvestiya (Scientific Proceedings). 2011. №1 (121). S. 93-96. [in russian].
- Monitoryng skupchen gazokondensatu ta ridyny v porozhnynah diyuchyh gazoprovodiv/ Rybitsky I.V. i dr.,// Materialy ХVІІ Mizhanarodnoi naukovo-technichnoi konferencii “Electromagnitni ta acustychni metody nerujnivnogo control materialiv ta vyrobiv” LEOTEST-2012 (20.02.2012). Slavske: FMI іm.G.V.Karpenka s.109-113. [in ukrainian].
- Systema ocinky rivna ridyny v diyuchyh gazoprovodah/ Karpash O.M. i dr. // Naftova I gazova promyslovist. 2009. №5-6. S.41-43. [in ukrainian].
- Varakin L.E. Sistemy svyazi c shymopodobnymi signalami. М.: Radio I svyaz, 1985. S. 49-65. [in russian].
- Orfanidis, S. J., Introduction to Signal Processing, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1996.
filtration; gas pipelines; liquid accumulation; monitoring system; signal processing; газопроводы; обработка сигналов; системы мониторинга; скопление жидкости; фильтрация References to this article (GOST) O.M. Karpash, R.Y. Banakhevych, M.O. Karpash, A.V. Yavorskyy, I.V. Rybitskyy Experimental investigations of the method for determination of liquids level in the conduit of main gas pipelines // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2013. №5. P.244-257. URL: http://ogbus.ru/authors/KarpashOM/KarpashOM_1.pdf