Journal issues: 4/2013
Language: (RU, EN)
Express method of oil recovery increase estimation due to diverter technology application derived from results of hydrodynamic studies
There were numerical experiment results within simulation of diverter technology application. They reflect influence of geological uncertainties factors and technological realization of this enhanced oil recovery method. A set of studies that reproduce as an influence of reservoir structure, physical and chemical fluids properties as one of technological realization parameters of this technology was run. Also the sensitivity analysis of hydraulic system at heterogeneity of permeability (geological uncertainties) and realization parameters of this technology (injected volumes and solution concentrations) was shown. The making of hydrodynamic model of geological reservoir includes several steps: collection and analysis of input data, initialization and history matching. Each of them takes important part of time that is necessary for mathematical runs in detail. Also the run time of numerical model is from minutes to several hours. On the initial step of decision making about advisability of diverter technology application would be optimally to have an express method allows estimating technological efficiency of operation under the minimal set of input data. And in case of positive decision for runs in detail and for risk estimations it will be suggested to use the tools of hydrodynamic simulation. Such express method was produced during analysis of numerical experiment results, empirical relationships were derived. They allow estimating a technological efficiency of this technology application. It depends on complex parameter that is function of heterogeneity of permeability, technological parameters of realization and properties of fluids. This study will be useful for petroleum engineers. It helps them to make a plan of geological and technical actions, effect forecasts and estimation of technological and economic efficiency. Also this study will be useful for simulation engineers who are on the optimization step of action design.
- E.O. Sazonov. Hydrodynamic simulation of reservoir fluids filtration at diverter technology conditions // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business", 2013, Issue 3, P. 109-119. http://www.ogbus.ru/eng/authors/SazonovEO/SazonovEO_1e.pdf
- Mirzadzhanzade A.H., Stepanova G.S. Mathematical theory of experiment in oil and gas production. M.: Resources, 1977. 228 p.
- George Box, Donald Behnken. Some new three level designs for the study of quantitative variables. Technometrics. Volume 2, 1960. P. 455–475.
- Methods of residual oil extraction / Surguchev M.L. [etc.]. M.: Resources, 1991. 347 p.
- Surguchev M. L. Secondary and tertiary enhanced oil recovery methods. M.: Resources, 1985. 309 p.
- Nalimov V.V. Theory of experiment. M.: Science. 1971. 208p.
- Subsurface hydromechanics: college manual / Basniev K.S. [etc.]. M.: Resources, 1993. 416 p.
- Todd, M. and Longstaff, W. The Development, Testing and Application of a Numerical Simulator for Predicting Miscible Flood Performance, SPE 3484, 1972. p. 9.
correlations; diverter technologies; efficiency prediction; express method; hydrodynamic simulation; mathematical simulation; numerical experiment; polymers; recovery factor increase; гидродинамическое моделирование; корреляции; математическое моделирование; полимеры; потокоотклоняющие технологии; прирост КИН; прогнозирование эффекта; численный эксперимент; экспресс метод References to this article (GOST) E.O. Sazonov Express method of oil recovery increase estimation due to diverter technology application derived from results of hydrodynamic studies // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2013. №4. P.184-200. URL: http://ogbus.ru/eng/authors/SazonovEO/SazonovEO_2e.pdf