EVALUATION OF EMPIRICAL CORRELATIONS FOR NATURAL GAS HYDRATE PREDICTIONS
A great number of petroleum engineering calculations require knowledge of natural gas hydrate formation conditions. Ideally, natural gas hydrate formation conditions are determined experimentally in the laboratory, but these data are not always available. Correlations are consequently used to determine values for natural gas hydrate formation conditions.In this research, the correlations of natural gas hydrate formation conditions determined by the gas gravity method are programmed and assessed with its respect to its capabilities to match experimental data published in the literature under varying system conditions (i.e. temperature, pressure, and composition). Also, statistical error analysis is used to evaluate the performance and the accuracy of the correlations for estimating natural gas hydrate formation to guide designers and operators in selecting the best correlations for their particular applications.
- Katz, D.I. Handbook of Natural Gas Engineering, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1959.
- Ikoku, C.U. Natural Gas Production Engineering, New York: John Wiley & Sons Inc., 1984, (516pp.)
- Carroll, J. Natural Gas Hydrates: A Guide for Engineers, New York : Gulf Professional Co., 2003,(457pp.)
- Sloan, E.D. Clathrates Hydrates of Natural Gas, 2nd Ed., New York : Marcel Dekker inc., 1998, (757pp.)
- Sloan, E.D., “Natural Gas Hydrates”, JPT, Dec. 1991, pp. 1414-1417.
- Sloan, E. D., Phase Equilibria of Natural Gas Hydrates, Presented at 63rd Annual GPA Convention, New Orleans, Louisiana, March 19-21, 1984.
- Makogon, Y. Hydrates of Natural Gas, Tulsa: Penn Well Publishing Company, 1981, (237pp.)
- Campbell, J.M. Gas Conditioning and Processing, Vol. 1&2, 6th Ed.: Campbell Petroleum Series, 1988.
- GPSA Engineering Data Book, 11th ed., Gas Processors Suppliers Association, Tulsa, Ok., 1998.
- Berge, B. K.:” Hydrate Prediction On A Microcomputer,” Paper SPE 15306 Presented At The 1986 Symposium On Petroleum Industry Applications Of Microcomputers.
- Motiee, M., “ Estimate Possibility of Hydrates”, Hyd. Proc., P.98, July 1991.
- Kobayashi, R., Song, K.Y., and Sloan, E.D. Phase Behavior of Water/Hydrocarbon Systems. quoted in Bradley, H.B., Petroleum Engineers Handbook, and Richardson: Society of Petroleum Engineers, 1987.
- HAMMERSCHMIDT, E. G., Am. Gas. Assoc. Monthly, vol (18), pp.278, 1936.
- Loh, J., Maddox, R. and Erbar, J., “New Hydrate Formation Data Reveal Differences”, OGJ, May 16, 1983, pp. 96-98.