Journal issues: 2/2001
11 December, 2001
EVALUATION OF THE DAMAGE SOURCE IN HYDROCARBON PRODUCING WELLS TO INCREASE THE PERFORATION EFFICIENCY
Besides the behavior of the hydrocarbon reservoir, the drilling and completion technology has a significant influence on the production capacity of oil and gas wells. When a well is not producing as expected, the formation may have low permeability or/and may be “damaged”. If the evaluation of the well productivity during the DST (Drill Steam Test) tests and the production of other wells in the same reservoir show that the production of the examined well should be higher we can look for the reason for the low production. If the reservoir permeability is low the well is the candidate of the stimulation by hydraulic fracturing. When the restricted flow into the wellbore caused by the improper well drilling or well completion technology then the near wellbore damage should be removed or decreased, and the completion technology should be corrected. In order to increase the efficiency of well completion and select the right well stimulation method we need to recognize the reason for the low production. After recognizing the source of low production we will be able to increase the well production by selecting and applying the suitable well stimulation method and we will be able to correct our drilling and completion technology in other to increase the production of the wells that will be drilled in the future.
- Cased Hole Log Interpretation Principles/Applications. Schlumberger Education Services, Houston, Texas 1989
- T. Bodi: Evaluating the Efficiency of Jet Perforations. 9-th International Scientific and Technical conference. New Knowledge in Sphere of Drilling, Production and Gas Storages. pp 19-23 Podbanske (Solvakia) 8-10. October 1996.
- M. Golan, C. H. Whitson: Well Performance. P T R Prentice Hall Inc. Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey 1991
- M. J. Economides, K. G. Nolte: Reservoir Stimulation. Schlum-berger Educational Services 5000 Gulf Freeway Houston, Texas 77023. 1989
- S. M. Tariq, M.J. Ichara, L. Ayestaran: Performance of Perforated Completions in the Presence of Anisotropy, Laminations, or Natural Fractures, SPE Production Engineering, (November, 1989) pp. 376-384.