Journal issues: 1/2003
16 June, 2003
FLOODING IN THE DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM WITH SQUARE HEAD-ON LOCATION OF VERTICAL INJECTION AND HORIZONTAL PRODUCTION WELLS
The influence of horizontal well systems and spacing upon productivity and upon current and ultimate oil recovery can be very significant. However, this question is hardly covered in the literature.
The obtained analytical solutions show that the breakthrough time of the injected fluid weakly depends upon the length of the horizontal wellbore; the increase in horizontal well length by more than 50 % of the distance between the wells will not considerably influence well productivity and water-free oil recovery.
- D.R. Gilmen, D.R. Jargon. Evaluation of horizontal well behavior taking into account vertical well characteristics. “Neft, gas and neftekhimiya za rubezhom”, #10-12, 1992.
- Lysenko V.D. Problems oil field development with horizontal wells//Neftyanoye hozyaistvo.-1997.-#7 –C. 19-24.
- Ramazanov R.G., Khakimzyanov I.N., Fazliyev R.T. Development simulation for fields with horizontal wells. A collection of scientific papers “Geology, development and operation of Tatarstan oil fields”, Bugulma, 1996. – P81-89.
- Mukminov I.R. Study of possibilities to simulate the well by means of a flat cunette//Scientific and technical achievements and experience in oil and gas industry: A collection of research papers. – Ufa: UGNTU publishing house, 1999. – p.467.
- Mukminov I.R. Fluid inflow to the horizontal well in an anisotropic reservoir of finite thickness. “Neftepromislovoye delo”, #2, 1999.