Geothermal regime in the subsurface of the southern areas of the Ob-Irtysh interfluve
This work presents the results of studying the geothermal regime in the subsurface areas of the southern West Siberian megabasin. An analysis of available data has made it possible to reveal the lateral geothermal zoning, that is expressed in the increase of formation temperature with the distance from the West Siberia geosyneclise setting structures and vertical geothermal zoning that is evinced in regular growth of temperature with the burial depth of aquifers. It has been established that the southern regions of the Ob-Irtysh interfluve are characterized by the average geothermal gradient of 3-4 °C /100 m. The zones with the high geothermal gradient are confined to the hydrocarbons fields (in The West-Moiseevskaya, Gerasimovskaya et al. areas). It has been detected that the average geothermal stage is 30 meters. The minimum geothermal stage is fixed in the Khyl`kinskaya area (11.3 m/°C) and the maximum one is located in the Chinzharskaya area (98.8 m/°C). The average values of heat flow in the study area range from 48.7 to 81 kW/m2. The highest values are recorded within the Mezhovo structural megacape and the Nurol’ka megadepression. The temperature regime of the Upper Jurassic hydrogeological complex is estimated, within which the widest scatter of formation temperature values from 66 to 110 °C is revealed. A variation of formation temperatures is traced, both through the section and laterally. The zones of elevated temperatures mark the outlines of large negative structures such as the Koltogor-Nyurol’ka trench, Muromtsevo-Sedelnikovo tilted trough, and the Bakchar mesodepression. Lower values of formation temperatures are typical of positive and intermediate structural elements of all ranks. The lower temperatures are found within the Upper Vasyugan anteclise, Pologrudinskiy megaswell and other structures. The relationship between the geothermal subsurface regime and the presence of subsurface hydrocarbon accumulations in the Igolskoe, Nuzhne-Tabaganskoe, Talovoe and other fields has been proved. The amount of hydrocarbon pools with rising temperature from 80 to 100 °C increases and is sharply reduced with either increase or drop in temperatures.
- Beskopyl`nyi, V.N. The relationship between geothermal field, geological structure and oil and gas content in northeastern part of Pripiat’ depression // Oil and gas geology. 1973. № 11. pp. 54-59. [in Russian].
- Geothermal conditions of sedimentary basin of the Earth / Reznikov A.N. [at al.] // Oil and gas geology. 2013. №4. pp. 49-56. [in Russian].
- Duchkov A.D., Sokolova L.S. The new data about heat flow in southeastern part West-Siberian plate // Inter EXPO Geo-Sibiria-2012: The material of international scientific conference. Novosibirsk: SSGA, 2012. T.2. №1. pp. 3-7. [in Russian].
- Kruglikov N.M., Iakovlev O.N. Hydrogeological indicator of oil and gas fields forming conditions of mesozoic era in West-Siberian plate // The forming conditions and placement regularity of oil and gas fields: Collection of scientific papers. L.: Nedra, 1967. pp. 153-181. [in Russian].
- Kurchikov A.R., Stavitckii B.P. The geothermy of oil and gas regions of West Sibiria. M.: Nedra, 1987. 136 p. [in Russian].
- Kurchikov A.R. The hydrogeothermal criterions of oil and gas content. M.: Nedra, 1992. 229 p. [in Russian].
- The paleogeothermal criterions of oil and gas fields allocation / Ammosov I.I. [at al.]. M.: Nedra, 1977.160 p. [in Russian].
- Sadykova Ya.V. The oil-and-gas content prognosis of Upper Jurassic sediments of Ob-Irtish interfluve Southern regions by paleohydrogeological data// Petroleum geology. Theory and practice: online scientific edition. 2013. T.8. №1. URL: http://www.ngtp.ru/rub/4/8_2013.pdf. [in Russian].
- The heat flow in Siberia/ Duchkov A.D. [at al.] // Geology and geophysics. 1982. №1. pp. 42-51. [in Russian].
- The heat flow in southeastern part of West-Siberian plate/ Duchkov A.D. [at al.] // Geology and geophysics. 1988. №8. pp. 77-85. [in Russian].
- Gomes A.J., Hamsa M.H. Geothermal gradient and heat flow in the state of Rio de Janeiro// Brazilian Journal of Geophysics, Vol. 23(4), 2005. pp. 325-347. [in Russian].
- Jones F.W., Lam H.L. Geothermal gradients in the Steen River area of Northwestern Alberta //Tectonophysics. March, 1984. V. 103. № 1-4, pp. 263-272.
- Röhm A.H.E, Snieder R., Goes S., Trampert J. Thermal structure of continental upper mantle inferred from S-wave velocity and surface heat flow //Earth and Planetary Science Letters. 2000. T. 181. № 3. pp. 395-407.
geothermal gradient; geothermal regime; geothermal stage; heat flow; thermal field; Upper Jurassic hydrogeological complex; West Siberian megabasin.; верхнеюрский гидрогеологический комплекс; геотермическая ступень; геотермический градиент; геотермический режим; Западно-Сибирский мегабассейн.; тепловое поле; тепловой поток DOI 10.17122/ogbus-2014-1-48-64 References to this article (GOST) Ya.V. Sadykova. Geothermal regime in the subsurface of the southern areas of the Ob-Irtysh interfluve // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2014. №1. P.48-64. URL: http://ogbus.ru/eng/authors/SadykovaYaV/SadykovaYaV_1e.pdf