INVESTIGATION AND OPTIMIZATION OF EMULSION TREATMENT FOR SELECTIVE GAS AND WATER ISOLATIONIN FRACTURED RESERVOIRS
Filtration and rheology characteristics of the inverse emulsion based on a low viscosity, low tar oil, the effect of the direction of injection of the emulsion, oil saturation and permeability of porous media on the filtration results are studied in this research paper. Hydrophobic inverse emulsion can be used to align the front of oil displacement by water in fractured reservoirs (injection into injection wells) and for the selective gas and water isolation in the producing wells. It is recommended to use the emulsion compositions with low content of oil phase in the latter case. A mathematical model of emulsion treatment on the reservoir is developed and optimum parameters of the technological characteristics of the process are established.
- Akhmetov A.T, Mikhalchuk T., Reshetnikov etc. The physical modelling of filtration of oil-water emulsions in porous media // Journal of Yukos Engineering Centre. 2002. № 4. pp.25-31. (in russian)
- Anosov V.Y., Ozerov M.I., Fialkov Yu..L. Fundamentals of physical and chemical analysis. Moscow: Nauka, 1976. 503 p. (in russian)
- Роре G.A., Nelson R.C. A chemical flooding compositional simulator // Soc Petrol Eng J, 1978. Vol. 18, Issue 5, рp. 339-354.
- Surguchev M.L. Secondary and tertiary enhanced oil recovery methods. Mos-cow: Nedra, 1985. 308 p. (in russian)
- Gorodnov V.P., Zazovskiy A.F., Kerimov Z.A. Oil displacement by aqueous micellar solutions with in-situ formation of the emulsion // Preprint N363 of Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics. Moscow, 988. 37 p.
- Barenblat G.I., Entov V.M., Ryzhik V.M. The movement of fluids and gases in natural reservoirs. Moscow: Nedra, 1984. 211 p. (in russian)
- Soo Н., Radke С.J., Velocity effects in emulsion flow through porous media // Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 1984, Vol. 102, Issue 2, pp. 462-476.
- Soo H., Radke C.J. Flow of dilute, stable liquid and solid dispersions in underground porous media // AIChE Journal, 1985, Vol. 31, Issue 11, pp. 1926–1928.
- Soo H., Radke C.J. A filtration model for the flow of dilute, stable emulsions in porous media - I. Theory // Chem. Eng. Sci, 1986, Vol. 41, Issue 2, pp. 263-272.
- Soo H., Williams M.C., Radke С J. A filtration model for the flow of dilute stable emulsions in porous media - II. Parameters evaluation and estimation // Chem. Eng. Sci, 1986, Vol. 41, Issue 2, pp. 273-281.
- Entov V.M., Zazovskiy A.F. Hydrodynamics of the processes of enhanced oil recovery. Moscow: Nedra, 1989. 232 p. (in russian)
emulsion; fractured reservoir; permeability of the porous medium; stabilizer; surface-active agent; two-phase filtration; viscosity; water saturation; вытеснение нефти; добывающая скважина; карбонатный коллектор; нагнетание; нефтеотдача; остаточные запасы нефти; эмульсия References to this article (GOST) M.Yu. Kotenev, V.E. Andreev, K.M. Fedorov, V.N. Khlebnikov INVESTIGATION AND OPTIMIZATION OF EMULSION TREATMENT FOR SELECTIVE GAS AND WATER ISOLATIONIN FRACTURED RESERVOIRS // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2010. №2. P.. URL: http://ogbus.ru/eng/authors/KotenevMYu/KotenevMYu_2e.pdf