Journal issues: 5/2015
Language: (RU, EN)
INVESTIGATION OF THE ASPHALTENE INHIBITOR EFFECT ON REDUCTION OF THE SCALING INTENSITY IN FORMATION AND WELLS
National Mineral Resources University (University of Mines), Saint Petersburg, the Russian Federation, from Iran, Gonbad e Qabus
National Mineral Resources University (University of Mines), Saint Petersburg, the Russian Federation
National Mineral Resources University (University of Mines), Saint Petersburg, the Russian Federation, from Iran, Shiraz
In this paper, the problem of precipitation of inorganic salts and their prevention are discussed during development of oilfields. Scale inhibitors are used to control the formation of inorganic salts in the fields. The effectiveness analysis of the scale inhibitors is essential because active concentrations of scale inhibitors are low and must be accurately measured.
The addition of polymer asphaltene inhibitor in a scale inhibiting system affects the crystallization and efficiency of the scaling prevention in the downhole equipment and the bottom zone of productive formations. In this paper, the results of using inhibitor, which is a composition that based on nitrilotrimetilfosphonic acid to prevent calcium sulfate precipitation, are presented. The changes in the concentration of the salt by using an asphaltene inhibitor are considered in carbonate reservoir type core samples. The calcium sulfate induction period is investigated in the presence of the polymeric asphaltene inhibitor. Efficiency of scaling prevention is evaluated by measuring the mass of the formed salts in the core samples in the presence of the asphaltene inhibitor.
The peak of the calcium sulfate deposition occurs at a total mineralization of 140 g/l of formation water. The results of the experiments showed that the asphaltene inhibitor has a negative effect on the inhibition of calcium sulfate. The driving force of calcium sulfate deposition is sharply decreased in the presence of the asphaltene inhibitor with decreasing the induction period. This force obtains the minimum value within 49 minutes of the induction period. The results of investigation can be used to effectively protect the carbonate reservoirs and downhole equipment from the calcium sulfate precipitation in the presence of the asphaltene inhibitor.
- Kudryashov S.I. Scaling management in the fields of “NK” Rosneft // The electronic scientific journal “Oil and Gas Business”. 2006. No. 2. URL: http://ogbus.ru/authors/Kudryashov/Kudryashov_1.pdf
- Perekupka A.G., Elizarova Y.S. Effectiveness and prospects of multi-component mixtures of scaling inhibitors // Neftyanoe Khozyaistvo - Oil Industry. 2003. No. 6. pp. 82-84. [in Russian].
- Boak L.S., Sorbie K.S. New developments in the analysis of scale inhibitors // SPE Production & Operations. 2010. Vol. 25. Issue 4. pp. 533-544. URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.2118/130401-PA
- Cheremisov K., Oussoltsev D., Butula K.K., GaifullinA., Faizullin I., Senchenko D. First application of scale inhibitor during hydraulic fracturing treatments in Western Siberia // Paper SPE 114255. 2008. pp. 1-14. URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.2118/114255-MS
- Kan A.T., Tomson M.B. Scale prediction for oil and gas production. Paper SPE 132237. 2010. pp. 1-29. URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.2118/132237-MS
- Levanyuk O.A. Overin A.M., Sadykov A., et al. 3-year results of application a combined scale inhibition and hydraulic fracturing treatments using a novel hydraulic fracturing fluid, Russia // Paper SPE 155243. 2012. pp. 1-13. URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.2118/155243-MS
- Voloshi A.I., Ragulin V.V., Tyabayeva N.E., Diakonov I.I., Mackay E.J. Scaling problems in Western Siberia // Paper SPE 80407. 2003. pp. 1-8. URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.2118/80407-MS
asphaltene inhibitor; calcium sulfate; crystallization; induction period; mineralization; nucleation; scale inhibitor; зарождение; ингибитор осаждения асфальтенов; индукционный период; кристаллизация; минерализация; сульфат кальция DOI 10.17122/ogbus-2015-5-200-214 References to this article (GOST) Khormali Azizollah, Petrakov D.G., Jafarpour Hamed INVESTIGATION OF THE ASPHALTENE INHIBITOR EFFECT ON REDUCTION OF THE SCALING INTENSITY IN FORMATION AND WELLS // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2015. №5. P.200-214. URL: http://ogbus.ru/issues/5_2015/ogbus_5_2015_p200-214_KhormaliAzizollah_ru_en.pdf