Journal issues: 5/2014
11 November, 2014
AN IMPACT ANALYSIS OF A NON-IONIC SURFACTANT ON THE ORGANICS STATE IN AN OIL SAMPLE WHEN MODELLING DOWNHOLE CONDITIONS
FSBEI HPE National University of Mineral Resources "Gorny", Saint Petersburg, the Russian Federation
FSBEI HPE National University of Mineral Resources "Gorny", Saint-Petersburg, the Russian Federation
In this study a gelation problem in oil disperse systems under downhole conditions which is a cause of oil viscosity anomalies, formations of organic deposits on oilfields, stabilizing of water-in-oil emulsions during the production of water-cut reservoir fluids is set up. The object of the study compliant with the task in hand for estimation of a non-ionic surfactant operating that is a reaction product of unsaturated fatty acids and complex ethylenamines, hydroxy amines (an active base) in an organic solvent is selected.
On the basis of the performed studies conditions of an asphaltene precipitation onset in a live oil sample (an isothermal pressure depletion under reservoir temperature) are determined. Appearance of peptizating effect of the reagent on gel forming oil components (asphaltenes) is confirmed, and also a foundation of an optimal dosage of the inhibitor for prevention of solid organic deposits formation in the downhole conditions are effected by a complex of methods (“capillary technique”, photocolorimetric analysis).
By two independent methods (a method of light scattering and microscopy under high pressure with particle size distribution analysis) effect of pressure on paraffin saturation point in an original oil sample and oil sample with addition of the reagent is estimated. An assumption that with pressure increasing early crystallisation of high-molecular paraffin hydrocarbons at temperature drop is caused by growth of their packaging density and rise of intermolecular interaction energy is made. A conclusion that drop of paraffin saturation point on addition of the examined inhibitor to the live oil sample results from peptization of the asphaltene particles and redistribution of paraffin between multiple crystallization grains is drawn.
All laboratory research were carried out according to the conventional techniques.
- Asfaltosmoloparafinovyie otlozheniya v protsessah dobyichi, transporta i hraneniya / Ivanova L.V. [i dr.] // Elektronnyiy nauchnyiy zhurnal «Neftegazovoe delo», 2011. № 1. URL: http//www.ogbus.ru/authors/IvanovaLV /IvanovaLV_1pdf. С. 268−284 (data obrascheniya: 10.10.2014). [in Russian].
- Tronov V.P. Mehanizm obrazovaniya smolo-parafinovyih otlozheniy i borba s nimi. M.: Nedra, 1970. 192 s. [in Russian].
- Binshan Ju. et al. 2010. Modeling Formation Damage and Wettability Alteration Induced by Asphaltene Precipitation and Their Effects on Percolation Performances During Oil Production. SPE J.: 1-12. SPE-129803. [in English].
- Branco V.A.M., Mansoori G.A., De Almeida Xavier L.C., Park S.J. and Manafi H. 2001. Asphaltene flocculation and collapse from petroleum fluids. J. Petrol. Sci. & Eng., Vol. 32, pp.217–230. [in English].
- Rogachev M.K., Kondrasheva N.K. Reologiya nefti i nefteproduktov: ucheb. posobie. Ufa: UGNTU, 2000. 89 s. [in Russian].
- Rogachev M.K., Strizhnev K.V. Borba s oslozhneniyami pri dobyche nefti. M: OOO “Nedra-Biznescentr”, 2006. 295 s. [in Russian].
- Pozdnyshev G.N. Stabilizaciya i razrushenie neftyanykh ehmulsij. M: Nedra, 1982. 221 s. [in Russian].
aggregates; asphaltenes; dispersing agent; flocculation; oil dispersed system; organic deposits; paraffins; агрегаты; асфальтены; нефтяная дисперсная система; органические отложения; парафины; реагент-диспергатор; флокуляция DOI 10.17122/ogbus-2014-5-104-118 References to this article (GOST) Struchkov I.A., Rogatchev M.K. AN IMPACT ANALYSIS OF A NON-IONIC SURFACTANT ON THE ORGANICS STATE IN AN OIL SAMPLE WHEN MODELLING DOWNHOLE CONDITIONS // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2014. №5. P.104-118. URL: http://ogbus.ru/issues/5_2014/ogbus_5_2014_p104-118_StruchkovIA_ru.pdf