Simulation of non-newtonian properties of the fluid
In recent decades, has been extended molecular dynamics method, which allows to calculate the motion of individual molecules as they interact with each other. Calculations have shown that small-time there is a correlation in the motion of molecules, and the Gaussian shape of the distribution component velocities of the molecules return after the order 10 –11 s. Thus, it is interesting to find out how can affect the behavior of the liquid molecules in small intervals of time (much smaller than the hydrodynamic time) on the general equations of motion Modeling of the real viscous liquid basing on molecular-kinetic theory is considered. In this paper we show, that during little time exists shear stress, which explain non-newtonian behavior for all liquids. This confirms the presence of correlation in the molecule movement, which was obtained by dynamic methods in the previous researches. Due to this approach the linear friction law of Newton can be derived as a consequence of impulse theorem.
- L.M. Milne-Thomson Theoretical hydrodynamics. Wiley, 1964. 655 p.
- Batchelor, An introduction to fluid dynamics. Wiley, 1973. 758 p.
- Schlichting, Theory of the boundary layer. Wiley, 1974. 711 p.
- L.D. Landau, E.M. Lifshitz Theoretical Physics. Hydrodynamics. Moscow: Nauka, 1988. T. 6. 736 p. [in Russia]
- I. Frenkel 'The kinetic theory of liquids. Works. M. eds AN SSSR, 1959. 460 p. [in Russia]
- Lagarkov A.N. Sergeev, V. Molecular dynamics method in statistical physics // Successes of physical sciences. 1978. T. 125, Issue 3, № 6. P. 409-448. [in Russia]
- Croxton K. Physics of the liquid state. Springer-Verlag, 1978. 400 p.
- Derjaguin B.V., Churaev N.V., Muller BM Surface Forces. Moscow: Nauka, 1985. 396 p. [in Russia]
- Evans D.Dzh, Henley G.Dzh, Hess E. Non-Newtonian effects in simple liquids. Physics Abroad, 1986 Serie A: Wed. articles. Wiley, with Р. 7-28. = Evans D.J., Hanley H.I., Hess S. // Physics Today. January. 1984. Р. 26.
continuous medium; modeling; Newtonian; non-Newtonian behavior; the collision of molecules; the frictional stress; the molecular-kinetic theory; моделирование; молекулярно-кинетическая теория; напряжение трения; неньютоновское поведение; ньютоновское; сплошная среда; столкновение молекул References to this article (GOST) B.V. Kolosov, P.A. Larin. Simulation of non-newtonian properties of the fluid // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2013. №2. P.450-460. URL: http://ogbus.ru/authors/KolosovBV/KolosovBV_2.pdf