Simulation of air streams at oil transshipment complex in order to determine an optimal location for buildings and facilities
While operating any hazardous production facility there is a possibility of a failure or an incident which can bring serious harm to human health and life as well as to the environment. At the design stage already, all the manufacturing processes at hazardous production facilities must be considered as potentially dangerous in order to have a possibility to make appropriate corrections before starting construction. In case the buildings and facilities are located unsuccessfully, there can be areas of accumulation of harmful and hazardous substances in the air that makes the risk of serious aftermath increased. Simulation of air streams by means of modern software helps to detect dead zones. In the process of simulating hazardous processes at this hazardous production facility and by visualization of calculations in the FlowVision software, all cardinal direction air streams speeds were determined and dead zones were examined. In order to keep constant control over contaminants concentration and in accordance with the enforceable standards, the production area of open processing units at refineries must be equipped with automatic protection systems. Protection systems must be chosen in accordance with the production type and the process parameters, changing of which may result in an accident, considering all possible cases of emergency occurring when automatic control systems fail. One of the main functional parts of the system is a gas analyzer which measures strength of contaminant exposure. In accordance with TU-gas-86 “Specifications for installation of signalizes and gas analyzers”, a location scheme for CCC-903M stationary gas analyzers at the site is offered as a measure to improve safety at this facility.
- Belov P.G. Sistemnyj analiz i modelirovanie opasnyh processov v tehnosfere. Uchebnoe posobie dlja studentov vuzov. M.: Akademija, 2003. 215 s. [in Russian].
- Flowvision. Versija 2.5. Rukovodstvo pol'zovatelja. PDF. M.: TESIS, 2008. 285 s. [in Russian].
- SP 131.13330.2012. Stroitel'naja klimatologija, 2012. 115 s. [in Russian].
- TU-gaz-86. Trebovanija k ustanovke signalizatorov i gazoanalizatorov, 1986. 231 s. [in Russian].
- GN 126.96.36.1993-03. Predel'no dopustimye koncentracii (PDK) vrednyh veshhestv v vozduhe rabochej zony, 2003. 124 s. [in Russian].
- GN 188.8.131.528-07. Gigienicheskie normativy. Orientirovochnye bezopasnye urovni vozdejstvija (OBUV) vrednyh veshhestv v vozduhe rabochej zony, 2007. 126 s. [in Russian].
- PB 09-540-03. Obshhie pravila vzryvobezopasnosti dlja vzryvopozharoopasnyh himicheskih, neftehimicheskih i neftepererabatyvajushhih proizvodstv, 2003. 175 s. [in Russian].
accident; air stream; contaminant; gas analyzer.; hazardous production facility; model; oil transshipment complex; risk; simulation; авария; воздушный поток; вредное вещество; газоанализатор.; имитационное моделирование; нефтеперевалочный комплекс; опасный производственный объект DOI 10.17122/ogbus-2014-2-260-277 References to this article (GOST) A.V. Fedosov, E.V. Zhuravleva. Simulation of air streams at oil transshipment complex in order to determine an optimal location for buildings and facilities // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2014. №2. P.260-277. URL: http://ogbus.ru/authors/FedosovAV/FedosovAV_1.pdf