PETROLEUM POTENTIAL OF THE UPPER DEVONIAN COMPLEX TIMAN-PECHORA OIL AND GAS PROVINCE
FSBEI HPE USTU, Ukhta, the Russian Federation
Currently in the Timan-Pechora oil and gas province (TPОGP) opened about 100 hydrocarbon deposits in the upper Devonian complex. The discovery of large oil deposits in the 80-ies of the 20th century in the upper Devonian complex on Kharyaga and Pisarska fields was the incentive to increase exploration for these deposits. Search works on upper Devonian complex were isolated in a separate direction.
This paper presents a brief description of the characteristic of the deposits in the upper Devonian complex TPОGP.
Oil deposits in this complex dedicated to a wide stratigraphic range (from domanic to numilog horizon). They are associated with the carbonate formations of different nature – reef arrays, “silt” hills, shelf buildings, formation carbonates in “backreef” zone, depression Dominicaine sediments at the foot of the reef massifs, with paleomagnetism in the area of uncompensated depression.
Petroleum potential of the considered complex is provided by a combination of reservoir rocks, local and zonal tires, traps, as well as the presence in the complex, and the underlying Paleozoic sediments of petroleum generating ones strata.
Zone reefs are complex areas of oil and gas accumulation. These long linear areas favorable for the accumulation of hydrocarbons in the process of lateral and vertical migration. Source lateral migration are domanic and Dominicaine deposits, vertical – underlying sediments of the Paleozoic.
The outer contour of the distribution of hydrocarbon deposits in the study area coincides with the reef area domanic age. This reef area of the upper Devonian middle and low-capacious carbonate reservoirs in “backreef” zone during testing were obtained only tributaries water. This is probably due to several causes: 1) the relative remoteness of the petroleum generating ones (domanic and domeniconi) strata in the upper Devonian complex; 2) the presence of barriers to lateral migration of hydrocarbons in the form of reef areas, which are already in sedimentary basins represented a tectonic-sedimentary traps and could catch hydrocarbons; 3) lack of generating hydrocarbons clay-sand-silt-middle Devonian sediments and distribution of red-colored facies in the sections of the Silurian and lower Devonian.
Major deposits of oil in the upper Devonian complex TPОGP concentrated under local and zonal tires, which rarely overlap reef strata, and they are most often located above overreef sediments.
- Danilevsky SA, Sklyarov ZP distribution of hydrocarbon deposits in the Timan-Pechora province from the perspective of implementing generation potential of organic matter in the centers of oil and gas // In .: UII scientific works "Problems of development of natural resources of the European North." Ukhta, 1996. S. 36-43. [in Russian].
- Danilevsky SA, Sklyarov ZP, Trifachev YM geo-fluid system of the Timan-Pechora basin. Atlas maps. Ukhta, 2001. [in Russian].
- Krems AJ, BJ Wasserman, Matviyevskaya ND Terms and conditions of formation of distribution of oil and gas. M., 1974. 336 s. [in Russian].
- Krems AY, Nikolaev YD, Solncev OA Conditions of formation and distribution of oil and gas in the Timan-Pechora province in light of recent data exploration. Proc .: Geology of oil and gas deposits and oil and gas industry of the Komi ASSR. Syktyvkar, Komi Branch of the USSR Academy of Sciences, 1976: S. 11-15. [in Russian].
- Kushnareva TI Famennian Timan-Pechora province. M., 1977. 135 p.
- Oil and gas and geological and geophysical exploration of the Timan-Pechora province. Syktyvkar, Komi Republican Printing House, 1998. 1061 s. [in Russian].
- Udot GD On the propagation of gas and gas condensate deposits in the Timan-Pechora province. - In the book .: Geology, exploration and development of gas and gas condensate fields in the Timan-Pechora province. Syktyvkar, Komi book publishing house, 1978. S. 24-32. [in Russian].
- NS Shatsky Structural relations platform with folded geosynclinal region. Proceedings of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR; series geologists cal, № 5, 1946. S. 83-87. [in Russian].
field; formation; gas; natural reservoirs; oil; reservoir; seals; traps; газ; залежь; коллекторы; ловушки; месторождение; нефть; природные резервуары; флюидоупоры DOI 10.17122/ogbus-2014-6-210-225 References to this article (GOST) Parmuzina L.V. PETROLEUM POTENTIAL OF THE UPPER DEVONIAN COMPLEX TIMAN-PECHORA OIL AND GAS PROVINCE // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2014. №6. P.210-225. URL: http://ogbus.ru/issues/6_2014/ogbus_6_2014_p210-225_ParmuzinaLV_ru.pdf