A new drilling method with open circuit system (cycle C) in top holes of Marun field in Iran
In last the years, before beginning of drilling operation in 17.5 inch holes in Marun field, great amount of water is saved in earthen reserve pit to increase rate of drilling after running 18 5/8 casing to the depth of 100 meters and cementation, using a packed hole assembly, saved water in earthen reserve pits is directly pumped to hole with high velocity as a drilling fluid. Also by applying high weight on bit (WOB) and revolutions per minute (RPM), rate of penetration will be increased considerably. In these conditions, circulating system cannot refine drilling fluid because of large amount of cutting. Thus drilling mud is conducted to the earthen reserve pit to allow solid materials to settle there, and then free water is pumped to well again. High drilling rate observed by this method (1000 m/day). In this paper, evaluation of drilling problems from the beginning to the end of 17.5 inch hole is considered. These problems are: leaning situation, crushing, stock pipe, hole deviation and cementation.
- O.M. Vestavik, ReelWell a.s., “New Concept for Drilling Hydraulics”, SPE paper 96412-MS, MS presented at the Offshore Europe Conference, Aberdeen, United Kingdom, 6-9 September 2005.
- H. Rabia, “Rig Hydraulics”, Entrac Consulting publication. 1989.
- Williamson, J. S. and Lubinski, A.: “Predicting Bottom hole Assembly Performance//SPEDE. 1987. March pp. 37-46
- H.R. Motahhari, G. Hareland, R. Nygaard, University of Calgary; B. Bond, Departure Energy Services Inc, “Method of Optimizing Motor and Bit Performance for Maximum ROP”, SPE paper, June 2009.
- Abdolali Esmaeili, Behzad Elahifar, University of Leoben, Rudolf K. Fruhwirth, TDE Thonhauser Data Engineering GmbH, Gerhard Thonhauser, University of Leoben, “ROP Modeling using NeuralNetwork and Drill String Vibration Data”, SPE paper 163330-MS, presented at the 2012 SPE Kuwait International Petroleum Conference and Exhibition, Kuwait City, Kuwait, 10 – 12 Dec, 2012.
drilling fluid; drilling rate; earthen reserve bit; RPM; WOB; буровой раствор; высокая нагрузка на долото; резервное земляное долото; скорость бурения; частота вращения References to this article (GOST) Azizollah Khormali A new drilling method with open circuit system (cycle C) in top holes of Marun field in Iran // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2013. №2. P.11-18. URL: http://ogbus.ru/eng/authors/KhormaliA/KhormaliA_1.pdf