A new approach calculate oil-gas ratio for gas condensate and volatile oil reservoirs using genetic programming
In this work, we develop a new approach to calculate oil-gas ratio (Rv) by matching PVT experimental data with an equation of state (EoS) model in a commercial simulator (Eclipse simulator) using genetic programming algorithm of commercial software (Discipulus). More than 3000 data values of Rv obtained from PVT laboratory analysis of eight gas condensate and five volatile oil fluid samples; selected under a wide range of composition, condensate yield, reservoir temperature and pressure, were used in this study. The hit-rate (R2) of the new approach was 0.9646 and the fitness variance for it was 0.00025 and the maximum absolute error was 7.73 %. This new approach was validated using the generalized material balance equation calculated with data generated from a compositional reservoir simulator (Eclipse simulator). The new approach depends only on readily available parameters in the field and can have wide applications when representative lab reports are not available.
- Coats K.H., Smart G.T. Application of a Regression-Based EOS PVT Program to Laboratory Data, SPE Reservoir Engineering, 1986, Volume 1, Number 3, pp. 277 - 299. DOI 10.2118/11197-PA
- Coats K.H. Simulation of Gas Condensate Reservoir Performance, Journal of Petroleum Technology, 1985, Volume 37, Number 10, pp. 1870 - 1886. DOI 10.2118/10512-PA
- ECLIPSE suite of programs (Schlumberger, 2005).
- Fattah K.A., El-Banbi A.H., Sayyouh M.H. New correlations calculate volatile oil, gas condensate PVT properties, Oil & Gas Journal, 2009, Volume 107, Issue 20.
- Fattah K.A., El-Banbi A.H., Sayyouh M.H. Study Compares PVT Calculation Methods for Non Black Oil Fluids, Oil & Gas Journal, 2006, Volume 104, Issue 12, pp. 35 - 39.
- Fattah K.A. Volatile Oil and Gas Condensate Fluid Behavior for Material Balance Calculations and Reservoir Simulation, Ph.D. Thesis, Cairo University, Egypt 2005.
- Fevang O., Singh K., and Whitson C.H. Guidelines for Choosing Compositional and Black-Oil Models for Volatile Oil and Gas-Condensate Reservoirs // SPE Paper 63087 presented at the 2000 SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, Dallas, TX. Oct. 1-4, 2000. DOI 10.2118/63087-MS
- McCain W.D., Jr. and Bridges B. Volatile Oils and Retrograde Gases-What’s the Difference? Petroleum Engineer International, Jan 1994, pp. 35 - 36.
- McVay, D. A. Generation of PVT Properties For Modified Black-Oil Simulation of Volatile Oil and Gas Condensate Reservoirs, Ph.D. Thesis, Texas A&M University, TX 1994.
- Peng D.Y., Robinson D.B. A New Two-Constant Equation of State, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry: Fundamentals, 1976, Volume 15, pp. 59 - 64. DOI: 10.1021/i160057a011
- Spivak A., Dixon, T.N. Simulation of Gas Condensate Reservoirs // SPE Paper 4271 presented at the 3rd Numerical Simulation of Reservoir Performance Symposium, Houston, Jan. 10-12, 1973. DOI 10.2118/4271-MS
- Walsh M.P., Ansah J., Raghavan R. The New Generalized Material Balance As an equation of a Straight-Line: Part 1 - Application to undersaturated and Volumetric Reservoirs. SPE Paper 27684 presented at the 1994 SPE Permian Basin Oil and Gas recovery Conference, March 16-18, 1994, Midland TX. DOI 10.2118/27684-MS
- Walsh M.P., Towler B.F. Method Computes PVT Properties for Gas Condensate, OGJ, July 31, 1995, pp. 83 - 86.
- Walsh M.P. A Generalized Approach to Reservoir Material Balance calculations, Journal of Canadian Petroleum Technology, 1995, Volume 34, Number 1. pp. 55 - 63. DOI 10.2118/95-01-07
- Whitson C.H., Torp S.B. Evaluating Constant-Volume Depletion Data, Journal of Petroleum Technology, 1983, Volume 35, Number 3, pp. 610 - 620. DOI 10.2118/10067-PA
- Koza John R. Genetic Programming, Encyclopedia of Computer Science and Technology, 1998, Volume 39, pp. 29 - 43.
- Koza John R. Genetic Programming: On the Programming of Computers by Means of Natural Selection. The MIT Press. Cambridge, MA. 1992. 819 p.
gas condensate; genetic program; modified black oil simulation; oil-gas ratio; PVT lab report; volatile oil; газоконденсат; генетическая программа; лабораторный PVT-анализ; летучая нефть; модифицированная модель нелетучей нефти; соотношение нефть-газ References to this article (GOST) K.A. Fattah. A new approach calculate oil-gas ratio for gas condensate and volatile oil reservoirs using genetic programming // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2012. №1. P.311-323. URL: http://ogbus.ru/eng/authors/Fattah/Fattah_2.pdf