Scope of state involvement in the management of oil and gas complex
Based on the geological-economic analysis, it is shown that there is no single (averaged or global) oil and gas complex development scheme, however, no country completely entrusts this process to the power of market relations. The article substantiates a position which specifies that the key point is to take into account macroeconomic determinants, reflecting the fact that the more the state is dependent on the resource base, the more attention it has to pay to it. This approach ensures the raw material and, on the whole, economic and, consequently, strategic security of Russia. A co nclusion is made that the main elements of economic policy in the field of oil and gas field development are tax and price policy, monitoring and control over the processes of field exploration and development, which ultimately defines transition to active development of oil and gas complex. The analysis of the structure of consumption of fuel and energy resources in Russia supports the conclusion that by the year 2025 the «oil era» will have to be replaced by the «gas energy structure», which shows a steady increase in the share of gas in the national energy balance. To implement active gas field development in strategic perspective it is suggested to create investment mechanisms that would make it possible to invite additional investment resources and fully achieve the goals established. This will make it possible to involve out-of-action license areas in the development, increase investment volumes by inflow of free capital from other sectors of the economy. The desire to stabilize supplies stimulates state-legal regulation in order to improve scientific and technical level of the national oil and gas complex. The oil and gas complex is one of the most innovative and knowledge-based sectors of the economy. Only such a complex is able to develop hydrocarbon deposits within the offshore area, especially in the High Arctic latitudes. It is obvious that the state policy concerning the oil and gas complex can by no means proceed from the need to reduce the influence of the structure on the development of the whole economy of the country. On the contrary, the influence of the oil and gas complex should be strengthened, but only providing that its overall scientific and technological level is taken into account.
- Orlov V.P. Problemy nedropol'zovaniya (2000-2006) // M.: ZAO «Geoinformmark», 2007. 231 s. [in Russian].
- Gavrilov V.P. Kak prodlit' neftegazovuyu eru Rossii // Promyshlennye Vedomosti. Fevral' 2005. № 2. http://www.promved.ru/articles/article. phtml?id=358&nomer=14 (data obrasheniya 01.12.2013). [in Russian].
- Lebed'ko G.I., Moiseenko V.G., Lebed'ko A.G. Osnovy gosudarstvennogo upravleniya nedropol'zovaniem (uglevodorodnoe syr'e). Rostov n/D: izd-vo SKNC VSh YuFU APSN, 2008. 136 s. [in Russian].
- Lebed'ko A.G. Ekologo-ekonomicheskie aspekty razvitiya neftegazovogo klastera Yuga Rossii. Rostov n/D: izd-vo SKNC VSh YuFU APSN, 2013. 150 s. [in Russian].
- Shafranik Yu.K. Neftyanoi kompleks Rossii - innovacionnaya model' // http://www.shafranik.ru/publikatsii/-neftegazovyi-kompleks-rossii-innovatsionnaya-model- (data obrasheniya 01.12.2013). [in Russian].
- Burenina I.V. Rol' neftyanoi promyshlennosti v energeticheskoi strategii Rossii // Neftegazovoe delo: elektron. nauch. zhurn. 2011. № 6. S. 174-187. URL: http://www.ogbus.ru/authors/Burenina/Burenina_2.pdf%5Bin
- Lebed'ko G.I, Kulyndysheva Yu.V., Lebed'ko A.G. Neft' i gaz Severo-Kavkazskoi neftegazonosnoi provincii (geologo-ekonomicheskaya ocenka). Rostov n/D: izd-vo SKNC VSh YuFU APSN, 2008. 213 s. [in Russian].
- Lebed'ko G.I., Lebed'ko A.G. Neftegazonosnost' yuzhnogo regiona Rossii. Rostov n/D: izd-vo SKNC VSh YuFU APSN, 2013. 165 s. [in Russian].
economic evaluation; economic growth; economic policy; investment; oil and gas complex; state regulation; subsurface management; государственное регулирование; инвестиции; недропользование; нефтегазовый комплекс; экономическая оценка; экономическая политика; экономический рост DOI 10.17122/ogbus-2014-1-397-411 References to this article (GOST) A.G. Lebedko. Scope of state involvement in the management of oil and gas complex // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2014. №1. P.397-411. URL: http://ogbus.ru/authors/LebedkoAG/LebedkoAG_1.pdf