Journal issues: 1/2014
Language: (RU, EN)
On ineffectiveness of fire supervision in oil and gas industry of the Russian Federation
The problems of the state fire supervision inspectors’ work were observed. A detailed analysis of the instructions elaborated by fire supervision inspectors on eliminating violations in the area of fire safety at the production plants “Atmospheric and vacuum pipe heater” located on the premises of Oil Refinery Joint Stock Company “Ufaneftekhim” and “Electric desalting plant” on the territory of Refinery Joint Stock Company “Ufa Refinery”. The causes of the fires during ten years at the production facilities were identified and analyzed. The analysis of the violations at the “Atmospheric vacuum distillation unit -2” of Oil Refinery Joint Stock Company “Ufaneftekhim” was conducted by the fire control inspectors on causal connection with the ongoing fires. The acts of commission investigating the causes of fires were analyzed. These acts were created after extinguishing the fires that occurred at the “Electric desalting plant of Atmospheric vacuum pipe heater-6” at JSC “Ufa Refinery”. The proposed measures to enhance fire safety facilities developed by members of Incident Investigation Commissions were studied. A conclusion was made that there is a need to study the acts compiled by the Accident Board after the fires and incidents; in these acts they design measures to prevent fire situations on the premises of oil refineries, and there is a necessity to improve regulations in the field of fire safety. After considering the requirements made by the fire supervision and acts issued by the accident board it has been suggested that the work of the state fire supervision inspectors should be linked with work of the accident board created following the fires. It was proposed that in the process of the regulations development the incident investigation acts should be studied; these acts should concern the incidents in the territory of oil refineries if the Republic of Bashkortostan. It was suggested that regulatory documents in the field of fire safety were enhanced with due account for the measures proposed in the acts of incident investigation at oil and gas enterprises.
- In anticipation of the fire inspection. http://www.comcom.ru/baza_znanij/detail/11433/
- Journal of Accounting fires State institution "Detachment 5 of the Federal Fire Service in the Republic of Bashkortostan", Ufa, 2009. 135 p. [in Russian].
- Khafizov F.Sh. Regulations and problems in the field of fire safety at production facilities in the Republic of Bashkortostan. Prombezopasnost - Priurale: monthly information-analytical magazine. 2012. Number 10 (41). pp.14 -17. [in Russian].
- Orders to eliminate violations of fire safety requirements of the State Fire Supervision "Ufaneftekhim", Ufa, 2005. 10 p. [in Russian].
- Acts of emergency commissions of "Ufaneftekhim", Ufa. 2009. 22 p. [in Russian].
- Bakirov I.K. Attitude to fire safety in Russia. State fire control and fire risks // Fire safety in construction. 2010. Number 5. pp. 26-27. [in Russian].
- Bakirov I.K. What should be done to effectively scan objects in the field of fire safety// Fire safety in construction. 2011. Number 11. pp. 43-46. [in Russian].
atmospheric vacuum pipe heaters; CDU AVT; fire safety; JSC "Ufaneftekhim"; JSC "UNPZ".; labor protection; oil and gas industry; атмосферно-вакуумная трубчатка; нефтегазовая отрасль; ОАО «УНПЗ».; ОАО «Уфанефтехим»; охрана труда; пожарная безопасность; ЭЛОУ АВТ DOI 10.17122/ogbus-2014-1-427-439 References to this article (GOST) I.K. Bakirov. On ineffectiveness of fire supervision in oil and gas industry of the Russian Federation // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2014. №1. P.427-439. URL: http://ogbus.ru/eng/authors/BakirovIK/BakirovIK_1e.pdf