Features of realization of competence approach to the formation general professional competence of graduates of the training program “Oil and gas engineering”
The article discusses the possibility of improving the graduate training quality of “Oil and Gas Engineering” by means of competence-based approach to the modernization of vocational training content. The author emphasizes the importance of the “Theoretical and Applied Mechanics” integrated discipline as the basis for the training of 131000 “Oil and Gas Engineering” bachelor program. Particular attention is paid to the definitions of the terms “competence” and “competency” in modern Russian science, are the most common opinions on the use of competence and competence in Russian pedagogy. Also reveal views on the concept of “competence” and “competency”, used in the educational practice of the EU countries. The article shows that the European competence models specialists have identified a common set of competencies for all degrees of graduates and identified a list of 85 skills and competencies. The analysis identified four types of competencies that have been identified higher education institutions and companies, as relevant, these include: instrumental, interpersonal and systemic and special. The author believes that at present Russian educational system faced with sufficient difficult and ambiguous solved researchers the task of determining the content of the notions of “competence” and “competency” and discussion of the competencies types employed in the educational practices of the European Union. The paper provides a classification of competencies used in the Federal State Educational Standard of Higher Education, as well as a list of general competencies for “Oil and Gas engineering” bachelor program. The author shows that the general professional competencies are the basis for the formation of professional competencies and emphasizes the fact that general professional skills allow higher education institutions to prepare specialists meeting the oil and gas industry requirements. The author in this case focuses on the problems arose in the development of new bachelors’ working program and educational complex for “Theoretical and Applied Mechanics” worked out in line with competency-based approach and the requirements of the third-generation State Educational Standard for Higher Professional Education.
- Baidenko V. I. Kompetencii v professional'nom obrazovanii (K osvoeniyu kompetentnostnogo podhoda) // Vysshee obrazovanie v Rossii, 2004. №11. S. 17-22. [in russian].
- Bolotov V. A., Serikov, V. V. Kompetentnostnaya model': ot idei k obrazovatel'noi programme // Pedagogika, 2003. №10. S. 8-14 [in russian].
- Globalizaciya obrazovaniya: kompetencii i sistemy kreditov // Pod red. Prof. Rubina Yu.B. M.: OOO «Market DS Korporeishn», 2005. 490 s. [in russian].
- Zeer E.F. Kompetentnostnyi podhod k obrazovaniyu // Obrazovanie i nauka: Izv. Ural. otd. RAO, 2005. № 3(33). S. 6 [in russian].
- Zimnyaya I.A. Obshaya kul'tura i social'no-professional'naya kompetentnost' cheloveka // Vysshee obrazovanie segodnya, 2005. № 11. S. 14-20. [in russian].
- Ivanov D. A. Kompetentnosti i kompetentnostnyi podhod v sovremennom obrazovanii. M.: Chistye prudy, 2007. 32 s. [in russian].
- Federal'nyi gosudarstvennyi obrazovatel'nyi standart vysshego professional'nogo obrazovaniya po napravleniyu podgotovki 131000 «Neftegazovoe delo» (kvalifikaciya (stepen') bakalavr) // Prilozhenie k prikazu №503 Ministerstva obrazovaniya i nauki ot 28 oktyabrya 2009 g. S. 7-10. [in russian].
bachelor; competence; educational process; general professional skills; professional education; theoretical and applied mechanics; бакалавр; компетентность; компетенция; общепрофессиональные способности; профессиональное образование; теоретическая и прикладная механика; учебный процесс DOI 10.17122/ogbus-2013-6-492-507 References to this article (GOST) H.N. Yagafarova. Features of realization of competence approach to the formation general professional competence of graduates of the training program “Oil and gas engineering” // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2013. №6. P.492-507. URL: http://ogbus.ru/authors/YagafarovaHN/YagafarovaHN_1.pdf