IMPROVING EFFICIENCY OF HYDRAULIC FRACTURING UNDER HIGH WATERCUT RESERVOIR CONDITIONS OF БВ-8 FORMATION, POVKHOVSKOE FIELD
Business Unit Kogalymneftegaz, JSC “LUKOIL – West Siberia”. Kogalym, the Russian Federation
TPP “Povheftegaz” LUKOIL – Western Siberia LLC, Kogalym, the Russian Federation
Business Unit Kogalymneftegaz, JSC “LUKOIL – West Siberia”, Kogalym, the Russian Federation
JSC LUKOIL-Engineering branch “KogalymNIPIneft”, Tumen, , the Russian Federation
FSBEI HPE “Ufa State Petroleum Technological University”, Ufa, the Russian Federation
Its first large-scale hydraulic fracturing operation was performed at Povkhovskoe field with up to 200 tons of proppant agent injected. The technology has been developed to improve the efficiency of fracking, tapping hard-to-recover and bypassed oil reserves in water-flooded zones of the reservoir. The introduction of large-scale fracking lead to the significant increase in the recovery factor on the pilot area due to extra contact with the reservoir, i.e. higher sweep efficiency. Based on the analysis of the oil reserves recovery and their vertical distribution it has been noted that the application of a large-scale frac job is guided by the presence of zones with uneven residual oil distribution, layers with high residual oil saturation, abundance of blind or dead-end zones, lenses and hemi-lenses at a certain distance from the wellbore which have not been developed yet. As possible candidates wells with over 95% watercut (9 wells) have been studied and analyzed from the idling well stock: piezometric, suspended, not producing in the previous years due to their unprofitability. This approach addresses one of the top challenges of an oil company – how to lessen the number of idling wells.
Large volumes of the proppant agent injected create rather long hydraulic fractures up to 120-200 m which extend far into the formation thus draining the interwell reservoir space which is poorly developed. The reach or the step-out of the second boreholes at Povkhovskoe field is in the range of 150-350 m. Field trials of large-scale fracking at БВ8 development target of Povkhovskoe field resulted in high average efficiency with increased oil rate and specific technological efficiency of 10.8 tons per day. The economic calculations showed that hydrofrac with 200 tons of proppant injected is cost-effective at the minimum incremental oil achieved of 9.8 tons per day. Large-scale fracking operations may be considered as an alternative to expensive and high-cost sidetracks.
- Ronald E. Oligney, Peter Valko, Michael J. Economides. Unified Fracture Design. Moscow: in Russian, translated by Petroalliance, 2004. 48, 95 P. [in Russian].
- Nekrasov V.I., Glebov A.V., Shirgazin R.G., Vakhrushev V.V. Hydraulic fracturing: introduction and findings, problems and solutions. [Gidrorazryv plasta:vnedrenie i rezultaty, problemy i resheniia] Ufa: 2001. 35, 62 P. [in Russian].
- Volostnov V.A., Dulkarnaev M.R., Maganova Yu.A. Hydraulic fracture efficiency versus facies heterogeneity of ЮВ1 reservoir at Kogalymneftegaz fields [Zavisimost effektivnosti GRP ot fatcialnoi neodnorodnosti plasta IUV1 na mestorozhdeniiakh TPP «Kogalymneftegaz»] // Proceedings of the 14th annual scientific and practical conference Ways to realize petroleum and mining potential of Khanti-Mansi Autonomous Okrug-UGRA. Khanti-Mansiisk, 2010. P. 32-35. [in Russian].
- Kotenev Yu.A., Dulkarnaev M.R. Methodology for integrated approach to developing heterogeneous and highly compartmentalized oil reservoirs of Kogalym region [Metodicheskie printcipy kompleksnogo obosnovaniia vyrabotki neodnorodnykh i silnoraschlenennykh plastov zalezhei nefti Kogalymskogo regiona] // Oil and Gas Business. 2014. V. 12. No. 1. P. 13-24. [in Russian].
- Dulkarnaev M.R. Integrated geological and engineering approach to developing highly heterogeneous and heavily compartmentalized oil reservoirs (Kogalym region) [Kompleksnoe geotekhnologicheskoe obosnovanie vyrabotki vysokoneodnorodnykh i silnoraschlenennykh zalezhei nefti (Kogalymskii region)] // Oil Field Business. 2014. No.3. P. 18-23. [in Russian].
- Kulanin S.L., Dulkarnaev M.R., Galimov Sh.S., Malygin А.А. New approaches to developing low-mobility remaining reserves under high watercut reservoir conditions [Novye podhody k vyrabotke malopodvizhny`kh tekushchikh zapasov v usloviiakh vysokoi obvodnennosti dobyvaemoi produktcii] // STM OIL. GAS. Novation. 2012. No. 6. P. 79-83. [in Russian].
- Salimov F.S. Practice of hydraulic fracturing for reservoirs with thin impermeable barriers at oil fields of Kogalym region [Opyt primeneniia GRP na plastakh s malomoshchny`mi bar`erami neftiany`kh mestorozhdenii Kogaly`mskogo regiona] // Proceedings of the 12th annual scientific and practical conference Ways to realize petroleum and mining potential of Khanti-Mansi Autonomous Okrug-UGRA. Khanti-Mansiisk, 2009.Volume 2. P. 29-37. [in Russian].
- Supplement to Povkhovskoe Field Development Project [Dopolnenie k proektu razrabotki Povhovskogo mestorozhdeniia]. OOO KogalymNIPIneft-Tumen. 2013. 20 P. [in Russian].
development target; heterogeneous oil reservoir; hydraulic fracture; idling wellstock; large-scale hydraulic fracturing; low porosity and permeability; Povkhovskoe oil field; БВ8 formation; бездействующий фонд скважин; большеобъемный гидралический разрыв пласта; неоднородный нефтяной пласт; низкие фильтрационно-емкостные свойства; пласт БВ8; Повховское нефтяное месторождения; трещина ГРП; эксплуатационный объект DOI 10.17122/ogbus-2014-6-154-174 References to this article (GOST) Valeev A.S., Dulkarnaev M.R., Salimov F.S., Buharov A.V., Kotenev Yu.A. IMPROVING EFFICIENCY OF HYDRAULIC FRACTURING UNDER HIGH WATERCUT RESERVOIR CONDITIONS OF БВ-8 FORMATION, POVKHOVSKOE FIELD // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2014. №6. P.154-174. URL: http://ogbus.ru/issues/6_2014/ogbus_6_2014_p154-174_ValeevAS_ru.pdf