Journal issues: 2/2009
SAGD PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT IN RESERVOIRS WITH HIGH SOLUTION GAS-OIL RATIO
Paper addresses the issue of Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) performance in the reservoirs with various solution gas-oil ratios (GOR). Results of extensive reservoir simulation study show that during the steam injection gas comes out of solution and accumulates at the edge of the steam chamber. In cases of high methane content in the bitumen the effect of gas layer development ahead of the steam front becomes detrimental and reduces the efficiency of conventional SAGD performance. It was suggested that by adjusting injected fluid composition it is possible to mitigate negative impact of the reduced heat transfer from water steam to bitumen.
- Wenger, L.M., Davis, C.L., Isaksen, G.H.: Multiple Controls on Petroleum Biodegradation and Impact on Oil Quality. SPE Paper 71450 presented at the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, New Orleans, LA, 30 September – 3 October, 2001
- Butler, R.: A Method for Continuously Producing Viscous Hydrocarbons by Gravity Drainage While Injecting Heated Fluids, UK Pat. App. GB 2,053,328 (1980); US 4,344,485 (1982); Can. 1,130,201 (1982).
- Yuan, J.-Y., Nasr, T.N., Law, D.H.-S.: Impacts of Initial Gas-to-Oil Ratio (GOR) on SAGD Operations // Journal of Canadian Petroleum Technology, Vol. 42, No. 1, , January 2003, pp. 48-52.
- James, L., Rezaei, N., Chatzis I.: VAPEX, Warm VAPEX and Hybrid VA-PEX – The State of Enhanced Oil Recovery for In Situ Heavy Oils in Canada // Journal of Canadian Petroleum Technology, Vol. 47, No. 4, April 2008, pp. 12-18.
- Nasr, T.N., Ayodele, O.: Process for Enhancing Hydrocarbon Mobility Using A Steam Additive, US Patent № 6,230,814, May 15, 2001.
- Gupta, S., Gittins, S., Picherack, P: Field Implementation of Solvent Aided Process // Journal of Canadian Petroleum Technology, Vol. 44, No. 11, November 2005, pp. 8-13.
bitumen recovery; SAGD; steam and solvent co-injection; steam assisted gravity drainage; thermal recovery; добыча битума; закачка растворителя; парогравитационное воздействие; тепловые методы References to this article (GOST) T.R. Ibatullin SAGD PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT IN RESERVOIRS WITH HIGH SOLUTION GAS-OIL RATIO // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2009. №2. P.. URL: http://ogbus.ru/eng/authors/IbatullinTR/IbatullinTR_1.pdf