Journal issues: 1/2013
Increasing of efficiency of fire suppression in oil and oil products storage tanks of 5000 m3 while blanketing a layer of combustible liquid with foam
This article describes a process of oil and petroleum products extinguishing in the vertical steel tanks by supplying low expansion film-forming foam in the bottom of the tank directly into fuel the layer. It is summarized the problem of extinguishing fires in floating roof tanks or pontoon by subsurface suppression.
- Sharovarnikov A.F., Molchanov V.P. Sublayer fire suppression. Firefighting, Moscow, 1995, No. 11, p.40 - 41
- GOST R (State standard of Russia) 53280.2-2010. Foam generators for sublayer fire suppression of oil and oil products in tanks. Automatic fire extinguishing installations. Extinguishing substances. General technical requirements and test methods. Part 2
- Application of foam in the petroleum industry // Fire Int. 1986. V. 10. №98. - 582 р.
- Sharovarnikov A.F., Molchanov V.P. Fire suppression of oil products in tanks by supplying a fuel layer with foam. Oil products transportation and storage: Proceedings selection, Vol. 8 – 9, Moscow: “CNIITEneftehim”,1996, p. 5 - 10.
- Sharovarnikov A.F., Molchanov V.P., Voevoda S.S., Uglov A.V. Prospect of sublayer way of fire suppression development in steel tanks. Pipeline oil transportation, Proceedings selection, Vol. 3, Moscow: “Transpress”, 1996, p. 13 - 16.
- Sharovarnikov A.F., Molchanov V.P., Voevoda S.S., Sharovarnikov S.A. Fire suppression of oil and oil products. Ed. 2, Moscow: “Pozhnauka”, 2007, 380 p.
- Operating instructions of foam generators PO-6А3F and “Merkulovsky”, Moscow, 2003.
- Molchanov V.P., Sharovarnikov S.A. Regularities of sublayer system fire suppression in tanks, Proceedings of the 4th International Conference “Informatization of safety systems - ISS 95”, International Forum of Informatization “Technologies of safety-95”, Moscow, 17 November, 1995, VIPTSh MID RF, 243 p.
- Patent 2470686 (RU) MPK А62S3/06, V65V88/34. The device for suppression of combustible liquids in the vertical steel tank with a floating roof or a pontoon, Authors and patent holders: Kokorin Vyacheslav Viktorovich (RU), Khafizov Ildar Fanilevich (RU), Requisition: 2011139735/12, 29 September, 2011; Published: 27 December 2012.
- The guide to suppression of oil and oil products in tanks and reservoir parks, Moscow: GUGPS VNIIPO MIPB, 2000, 79 p.
- Terbenev V.V. Reference manual of fire fighting operations commander, Moscow, State Fire Academy of Emercom of Russia, 2004, 248 p.
fire suppression; flammable liquid; foam; tank; горючая жидкость; пена; резервуар; тушение пожаров References to this article (GOST) V.V. Kokorin, F.Sh. Khafizov, E.A. Kontoboytsev. Increasing of efficiency of fire suppression in oil and oil products storage tanks of 5000 m3 while blanketing a layer of combustible liquid with foam // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2013. №1. P.435-442. URL: http://ogbus.ru/authors/Kokorin/Kokorin_2.pdf