APPLICATION OF CLUSTER ANALYSIS IN SELECTION AND DEVELOPMENT OF COMPLEX-ACTION DRILLING MUD ADDITIVES
FSBEI HPE USPTU, Ufa, the Russian Federation
Oil and Gas Research and Design Institute, Ufa, the Russian Federation
Introduction of chemical compounds into drilling mud as complex-action additives is the most available, easy to implement and efficient method to improve technical-and-economic indexes of drilling. Selection and development of complex-action additives, as well as rapid selection of chemical compounds to be used as effective complex-action additives, are important tasks today.
The article presents the possibility of using electrochemical and multidimensional statistical data analyses to improve selection of the additives obtained on the basis of a wide variety of compounds enhancing drilling mud resistance to corrosion and tribotechnical characteristics.
Drilling mud tribotechnical characteristics were analyzed with the use of the modified AI-3M friction and wear testing machine manufactured in accordance with the “disk-rock” wear scheme.
Drilling mud resistance to corrosion was analyzed by electrochemical methods. The method is based on recording the steel cyclic voltammetric curves (cyclic voltammetry method) in the analyzed liquid medium. Local metal surface damage formation – repair dynamics was also monitored by galvanodynamic method.
To process the data obtained, cluster analysis was used making it possible to divide all the solutions into three groups (I, II и III). This significantly simplified the processing of the results, helped to reject the poorest additive compositions and identify unobvious relationship between drilling mud anticorrosion and tribotechnical characteristics in the groups.
Thus, the proposed method makes it possible to considerably reduce working hours of selection and development of complex-action additives, as well as improve the validity of the results obtained. The proposed methodological approach for selection and development of complex-action additives allows rejection of inefficient prototypes by the most rapid and natural way.
- Sovremennaia tribologiia: Itogi i perspektivy /E.D. Brown, I.A. Buianovskii i dr. M.: Izdatel’stvo LKI, 2008. 480 s. [in Russian].
- Lachinian L.A. Rabota buril’noi kolonny. M.: Nedra, 1992. 212 s. [in Russian].
- Sovershenstvovanie metodiki registratcii silovykh parametrov raboty sistemy "metall-gornaiaporoda" pri burenii skvazhin /Iahin A.R. i dr. // Neftegazovoe delo: elektron. nauch. zhurn. 2013. № 4. S. 30-40 URL: http://ogbus.ru/authors/Yakhin/Yakhin_2. pdf (data obrashcheniia: 15.10.14 g.) [in Russian].
- Smazochnoe deistvie sred v burovoi tekhnologii /Konesev G.V. i dr. i. M.: Nedra, 1993. 272s. [in Russian].
- Deriagin B.V., Snitkovskii M.M., Iur’ev V.N. Vol’t-ampernaia harakteristika tonkikh sloev i ee primenenie k ocenke smazochnoi sposobnosti // Poverkhnostnye sily v tonkikh plenkakh iustoichivost’ kolloidov. M.: Nauka. 1974. S. 35-38 [in Russian].
abrasive wear; corrosion; drillstring wear; tool joints; абразивный износ; замки бурильных труб; изнашивание бурильной колонны; коррозия; пара трения «металл-горная порода»; “metal-rock” friction pair DOI 10.17122/ogbus-2014-5-14-27 References to this article (GOST) Yakhin A.R., Asfandiarov L.H. APPLICATION OF CLUSTER ANALYSIS IN SELECTION AND DEVELOPMENT OF COMPLEX-ACTION DRILLING MUD ADDITIVES // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2014. №5. P.14-27. URL: http://ogbus.ru/issues/5_2014/ogbus_5_2014_p14-27_YakhinAR_ru.pdf