Journal issues: 4/2015
Language: (RU, EN)
APPLICATION OF FUZZY LOGIC IN RISK ASSESSMENT OF FAILURES AND ACCIDENTS FOR TRUNK OIL PIPELINES
“Engineering Project Solutions” LLC, Moscow, the Russian Federation
FSBEI HPE USPTU, Ufa, the Russian Federation
FSBEI HPE USPTU, Ufa, the Russian Federation
The majority of existing methods of risk assessment of trunk oil pipelines is based on probability and classical set theory. These methods do not take into consideration the fact that any complex system, such as trunk oil pipelines, is a dynamic system with a set of uncertain data. The results of risk assessment (likelihood), obtained by the traditional methods, don’t reflect the real situation about the condition of system.
The article presents a methodical approach to identification of risk factors sources and assessment of the level of risk based on system analysis and fuzzy set theory, and this approach allows us to receive output conclusion about risk level in dynamic area of a complex system. The principles of fuzzy logic in the evaluation of diverse parameters of risk factors allow bringing them to a qualitative common denominator. As a result, we can perform comparative research of separate risk factors and also summarize them for assessment of current risk level of trunk oil pipelines.
We reviewed causes of incidents and failures on trunk oil pipelines and have identified the most important risk factors that have greatest consequences. Risk factors in our method are determined by fuzzy set rules, which are a result of data analysis (accident reports, failure records for the similar pipelines) and expert’s evaluation of related input parameters. Risk factors and their parameters are classified in accordance with their relation to different environment and life-cycle stages.
The article presents an example of evaluation of risk factor
This method of risk assessment brings high opportunities for identification of the pipeline segments, where the risk level is most probably high and helps the decision maker to take remedial actions to mitigate potential risks. The operator can more effectively manage resources and improve efficiency of actions. Ability to reflect the current risk level is key advantage of our approach to risk assessment of risk management of trunk oil pipelines.
- Kozlitin A. Theory and methods of risk analysis of complex technical systems. Saratov, Saratov State Technical Univ. 2009. 200 p. [in Russian].
- Hramtsov B., Gayevoy A., Divichenko I. Industrial safety of hazardous production facility. Stariy Oskol. 2011, 276 p. [in Russian].
- Yarushkina N. Basics of fuzzy and hybrid systems theory. Moscow, Finance and statistic, 2009. 320 p. [in Russian].
- Bayburin R., Shaybakov R. and Vahitov R. Analysis of main causes of accidents which occurred at explosive plants. The expertise of industrial safety, diagnosis, destruction and non-destruction controls at energy facilities. Conference proceedings .Ufa.2015. Pp. 159-162 [in Russian].
- Ossama Y.A., Walied B. Application of Fuzzy Logic for Risk Assessment using Risk Matrix. International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering Available at: http://www.ijetae.com (ISSN 2250-2459, ISO 9001:2008 Certified Journal. Volume 3. Issue 1. January 2013).
- Gazprom State Standard 9.4-013-2011.Corrosion protection. Condition monitoring and evaluation of the effectiveness of protective coating of underground pipelines.Moscow. Gazprom Expo. 2009. 15 p. [in Russian].
- Renner Y.A., Olhovaya O.N., Shajahmetova R.M., Yarkova O.N. To the question on modeling of function of the accessory. The herald of Orenburg state university (OSU)]. 2010, № 13 (119): Pp. 276-280. [in Russian].
- Averkin A. Fuzzy sets in management models and artificial intelligence. Moscow: “Book on demand”, 2012. 312 p. [in Russian].
- Leonkov A. Fuzzy set models in MATLAB and fuzzy Tech. SPb, BKV-Peterburg, 2003. 736 p. [in Russian].
- Konysheva L., Nazarov D. Basics of fuzzy sets theory.Saint-Petersburg: Piter, 2011. 192 p. [in Russian].
- Shtovba S. Design of Fuzzy Systems with MATLAB. Moscow, Goryachaya Liniya – Telekom, 2007. 288 p. [in Russian].
- Abdrakhmanov N. Kh., Shaybakov R.A. , Bayburin R.A. Assessment of risk level in the system of monitoring and control of risks at oil and gas refinery facilities. Oil and Gas Business. 2008. Vol.6.№ 2. Pp. 123-127. [in Russian].
- Abdrakhmanov N., Abdrakhmanova K., Vorohobko V., Shaybakov R. Current state of methodology development for analysis of system risks in design and operation of oil and gas equipment for hazardous production facilities. - Oil and Gas Business, 2014. Vol. 3. p. 359-376. Available at: http://ogbus.ru/issues/3_2014/ogbus_3_2014_p359-376_AbdrakhmanovNKh_ru.pdf
causes of failures; fuzzy logic; fuzzy set rules; hazardous liquid pipeline; linguistic variables; membership function; risk assessment; risk factors; uncertain data; база нечетких правил; лингвистические переменные; неполные данные; нечеткая логика; отказы; оценка риска; трубопроводы с опасными жидкостями; факторы риска; функция принадлежности DOI 10.17122/ogbus-2015-4-512-537 References to this article (GOST) Bayburin R.A., Abdrakhmanov N.Kh., Abdrakhmanova K.N. APPLICATION OF FUZZY LOGIC IN RISK ASSESSMENT OF FAILURES AND ACCIDENTS FOR TRUNK OIL PIPELINES // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2015. №4. P.512-537. URL: http://ogbus.ru/issues/4_2015/ogbus_4_2015_p512-537_BayburinRA_ru_en.pdf