The origin, development and prospects of foam extinguishing in factures of Fuel and Energy Complex
Variety of modern foam extinguishment equipment with coefficient of air filled foam, methods of its obtaining and applying technologies, make foam almost universal method in the sphere of firefighting, including the sphere of Fuel and Energy Complex. However, air filled foam being one of the method of firefighting has a range of unsolved problems. The authors analyze the basic historical facts, scientific researchers and prospects of further development of today’s method of fire extinguishment. Foam extinguishing in oil and gas industry is one of the most widespread, effective and even the possible one. In fact, all kinds of air filled foam are applied to protect the objects: low, medium, high expansion foam. By the way, foam generators are applied in accordance with their function, chemical composition and method of foam application. The important thing is that in 60s researchers of fire extinguishment of flammable liquids did not have much success. It became clear that low expansion foam from existing foam generators and chemical foam were ineffective during extinguishment of large fires. At the same time higher expansion foam was applied, obtained from inflatable foam generators. But experiments did not have good results. Today with the help of modern generators it became possible to obtain foam with the expansion, nearly 1000 without boost air charging. Nowadays the most important problem is further development of scientific school, which is now unfortunately lost. Variety of modern foam extinguishment equipment with coefficient of air filled foam, methods of its obtaining and applying technologies, make foam almost universal method. However, air filled foam being one of the method of firefighting has a range of unsolved problems. The authors forecast some trends related to the developing of foam firefighting.
- Korolchenko A. Ya., Korolchenko D.A. Fire and explosion hazard of substances and materials and methods of their extinguishment. Reference book: a book in two separate volumes. M.: «FIRESCIENCE», 2004. Part 1. p. 110. [in Russian].
- Federal State Institution Fire Safety Research Institute EMERCOM of Russia and State Institution of EMERCOM of Russia. Recommendations «Usage procedure of foam generators for fire extinguishment», 2007.45р. [in Russian].
- All union state standards P 53280.1-2010. Automatic extinguishing settings. Fire fighting agents. Foam generators for fire extinguishing of water soluble flammable liquids. General technical requirements and testing methods. M., 2010. I. «STANDARDINFORM» p.12. [in Russian].
- Fire Code 83-99 Automatic settings of water and foam extinguishment. Operating controls. General technical requirements. Testing methods, M., 1999. p. 183. [in Russian].
- Usage procedure of foam generators for fire extinguishment: Instructions.-M.; Fire Safety Research Institute, 1996. p. 27. [in Russian].
air filled foam; fire extinguishment; fire outbreak; foam expansion.; foam generator; subsurface suppression; tank; возгорание; воздушно-механическая пена; кратность пены.; пеногенератор; подслойное тушение; пожаротушение; резервуар DOI 10.17122/ogbus-2014-2-321-331 References to this article (GOST) I.F. Hafizov, I.A. Khairetdinov. The origin, development and prospects of foam extinguishing in factures of Fuel and Energy Complex // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2014. №2. P.321-331. URL: http://ogbus.ru/eng/authors/HafizovIF/HafizovIF_4e.pdf