Journal issues: 4/2014
Language: (RU, EN)
1 September, 2014
DEVELOPMENT OF THE METHOD FOR PREDICTING FIELD DOSAGE OF KINETIC HYDRATE INHIBITOR
CJSC Neftechim Technologies, Ufa, the Russian Federation
FSBEI НРЕ “Ufa State Petroleum Technological University”, Ufa, the Russian Federation
The increased application of low dosage hydrate inhibitors in oil and gas production has made it necessary to develop a method for determining the consumption rates of kinetic hydrate inhibitors, as no techniques are currently available for that purpose. The method was developed in the experiments with the kinetic hydrate inhibitor SONHYD-1801A, representing a stereoregular copolymer of N-vinylpyrrolidone and caprolactam.
The currently used technology for application of kinetic hydrate inhibitor SONHYD-1801A has been improved, allowing effective prevention of hydrate formation in pipelines. It is stated that the chemical can be used for continuous injection in the oil, oil-gas and oil/gas-condensate fields to prevent hydrate formation during the production and transportation of associated gas within the limited temperature and pressure range.
For the experiment, a model gas hydrate-forming mixture was prepared, consisting of methane and propane in the ratio of 60/40 respectively, and with a 99.98% purity of the components. This gas mixture simulates the composition of both associated gas and gas produced from oil-gas-condensate fields.
Based on the investigations performed, it is established that the kinetic hydrate inhibitor SONHYD-1801A is able to reduce the hydrate equilibrium temperature within the range of 14˚C against the equilibrium temperature. The operating pressure range is up to 15 MPa, and the inhibiting capacity is not reduced considerably as in the case with low temperatures.
An empirical equation has been obtained that shows kinetic hydrate inhibitor consumption vs. pressure, temperature and water content of the gas mixture. Based on the equation, a method has been developed for optimal consumption of kinetic hydrate inhibitor under various gas flow regimes.
- Makogon TY, Sloan ED, editors. Mechanism of kinetic hydrate inhibitors. Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Gas Hydrates, Yokohama, Japan; 2002. [in English].
- Istomin V.А., Кvоn V.G. Prevention and elimination of gas hydrates in gas production systems. М.: IRC Gazprom, 2004. 508 р. [In Russian].
- Istomin V.А., Yakushev V.S. Gas hydrates in natural conditions. M.: Nedra, 1992. 236 р. [in Russian].
- Makogon Yu.F. Gas hydrates, preventing their formation and use. М.: Nedra, 1985. 232 р. [In Russian].
- Faresov A.V., Ponomarev A.I. Studies on the Efficiency of Kinetic Hydrate Inhibitors // Oil and GAS Business. 2013. Т.11, № 4. Рр. 86-95. [In Russian]. URL: http://ngdelo.ru/article/view/765
- Carroll J.J. Natural gas hydrates. M.: Tehnopress, 2007. 316 р. [In Russian].
- STO Gazprom 3.1-3-010-2008 «Method of calculating the consumption rates of chemicals in the gas enterprises ОАО «Gazprom». М.: ОАО «Gazprom», 2009. 50 р. [In Russian].
method for determining the consumption rates of kinetic hydrate inhibitors; prevention of hydrate formation; SONHYD-1801А.; методика нормирования ингибитора гидратообразования кинетического типа; предотвращение гидратообразования; СОНГИД-1801А. DOI 10.17122/ogbus-2014-4-153-173 References to this article (GOST) Faresov A.V., Ponomarev A.I. DEVELOPMENT OF THE METHOD FOR PREDICTING FIELD DOSAGE OF KINETIC HYDRATE INHIBITOR // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2014. №4. P.153-173. URL: http://ogbus.ru/issues/4_2014/ogbus_4_2014_p153-173_FaresovAV_ru_en.pdf