Journal issues: 1/2014
Language: (RU, EN)
Repair of 20CrMnSiVaL steel pumping units with the use of welding technologies
20CrMnSiVaL low-alloy cast steel is widely used for tanks, machines and devices (pumps, compressors, hydraulic boxes and other) in the oil and gas industry. A large amount of such equipment operates under conditions of high pressure, corrosive effect of the working environment, a large temperature difference, mechanical loading due to moving parts. During its operation the elements of oil and gas are eroded due to temperature and power loads, corrosion, and other factors. Most constructive elements of gas and oil equipment are repaired by welding. А highly concentrated heat source and deformation capacity are the cause of residual stresses. They affect the performance and accuracy of manufacturing elements. One of the main problems concerning the improvement of the quality of machines is the enhancement of housing repair technology. The housings are made of cast steel using electric arc welding. In this work we employed the finite element method in the program ANSYS. We performed an analysis of stress-strain state in the model of the welded joint simulating the machine body. We considered and implemented the technology of repair by welding and different types of treatment. We conducted a comparative study of mechanical properties. In this paper we also present the results of residual welding estimation in samples welded using various technologies. We compared traditional technologies of heat treatment and deformation processing – ultrasonic and vibration treatment.
- Livshits L.S., Khakimov A.N. Welding metal science and heat treatment of welding joints. – second edition – Moscow: Machinebuilding, 1989. 336 p. [in Russian].
- Technological instruction on manual arc welding of 15H5M steels type products with concomitant cooling without heat treatment / A.V. Bakiev [and others]. Ufa: VNIIPTkhimnefteapparatury, 1982. 26 p. [in Russian].
- Sutyrin G.V. Reduction of welding residual stresses with the use of low-oscillation vibration treatment // Welding fabrication . 1983. № 2. Pp. 22-24. [in Russian].
- The influence of vibration treatment characteristics on properties of welding joints. / A.M. Fayrushin [and others] // Oil and gas business. 2011. V. 9. №2, Pp. 70 - 75. [in Russian].
- The method of residual stresses reduction in welding joints. Industrial patent. A.M. Fayrushin [and others]: pat. 2424885, Rus.№2009149108/02.27.07.2011. 5 p. [in Russian].
- The influence of vibration treatment’s characteristics during welding process on joint’s properties / R.G. Rizvanov [and others]// Foundry and metallurgy. 2012. № 3 (67). Pp. 337-342. [in Russian].
- Influence of vibromechanical treatmenton mechanical properties of dissimilar welded joint / О.F. Khafizova [and others]// Oil and Gas Business: Digital scientific journal. 2011. №1. Pp. 210-219. URL: http://www.ogbus.ru/authors/Khafizova/Khafizova_1.pdf
- Improvement of manufacturing welded petrochemical apparatuses by application of vibrating processing in welding/ Ya.А. Коlesnikov [and others]// Digital scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2006. № 4. URL: http://www.ogbus.ru/authors/Kolesnikov/Kolesnikov_1.pdf
- Eldarkhanov А. S. Crystallization processes in the field of elastic waves. М.: Interburк, 1996. 256 p. [in Russian].
evaluation of the stress-strain state; machine surface repair; mechanical properties; ultrasonic treatment; vibration treatment; weld; welding steel foundries; welding stresses; вибрационная обработка; механические свойства; оценка напряженно-деформированного состояния; ремонт корпусов машин; сварка литейных сталей; сварное соединение; сварочные напряжения; ультразвуковая обработка DOI 10.17122/ogbus-2014-1-362-376 References to this article (GOST) A.V. Faizullin, A.M. Fairushin, D.V. Karetnikov, M.R. Fatkullin. Repair of 20CrMnSiVaL steel pumping units with the use of welding technologies // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2014. №1. P.362-376. URL: http://ogbus.ru/eng/authors/FaizullinAV/FaizullinAV_1e.pdf