Journal issues: 2/2014
1 March, 2014
Comprehensive analysis: results of the Unified State Exam and education survey in the technical university
The students in the first course at the Ufa State Petroleum Technological University, studying full time, came up with a statistical analysis of results from the educational survey data in mathematics, physics, and the Russian language. During the process of gathering educational survey data, we excluded those that have graduated school in a foreign country. The content of the tests corresponds to the program in mathematics, physics, the Russian language, and other subjects of the scholar plan. In spite of the Unified State Exam (U.S.E.), the educational survey lasted 90 minutes. The analysis of the results of the U.S.E. showed, that depending on the sample (subject, score in the U.S.E., where the student graduated) from 6% to 33% of the students did not obtain the threshold score essential for enrollment. The meanings of the correlation coefficients depending on the sample from 0,06 to 0,37 is the reason to correct the educational process of the university. In order to motivate students to successful pass the education survey and to increase knowledge for those who did now pass the test, authors suggest: include the results of tests as essential requirement to pass the exam; the curricular offices of the universities organize additional classes in the corresponding subjects. The statistical analysis of the data we obtained, allowed us to revel the knowledge of the first year students and the ability to study core subjects. In this study, authors did not verify the results of the U.S.E. through the education survey. The results of the survey are essential in order to make timely corrections in the educational process. The results of the statistical analysis can be useful for other institutions in order to raise the quality of knowledge of first year students with low scores in the U.S.E. or education control of knowledge tests.
- Yamaliev V.U., Kudreiko A.A., Latypov O.R. Metody konkursnogo otbora abiturientov dlya obespecheniya kachestvennogo priema v VUZ // Neftegazovoe delo: elektron. nauch. zhurn. 2013. № 5. S. 474-483. [in Russian].
- Kachestvo priema v vuzy - 2013 [elektronnyi resurs]: http://www.hse.ru/ege/second_section2013/%5Bin Russian].
- Mihal'chuk A.A., Aref'ev V.P., Filipenko N.M. Dispersionnyi analiz rezul'tatov vhodnogo testirovaniya matematicheskih znanii v tehnicheskom vuze // Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya. 2013. № 5. [in Russian].
- Rasporyazhenie Federal'noi sluzhby po nadzoru v sfere obrazovaniya i nauki (Rosobrnadzor) ot 29.08.12 g. № 3499-10 «Ob ustanovlenii minimal'nogo kolichestva ballov po obsheobrazovatel'nym predmetam, podtverzhdayushego osvoenie vypusknikom osnovnyh obsheobrazovatel'nyh programm srednego (polnogo) obshego obrazovaniya v sootvetstvii s trebovaniyami federal'nogo gosudarstvennogo obsheobrazovatel'nogo standarta srednego (polnogo) obshego obrazovaniya», Federal'naya sluzhba po nadzoru v sfere obrazovaniya i nauki (Rosobrnadzor), Moskva, 2012. 2 s. [in Russian].
- ElbyA. Helping physics students learn how to learn. American Journal of Physics 69, S.54, 2001.[in English].
admission office; competitive selection; correlation coefficient; education survey; unified state exam; входной контроль знаний; ЕГЭ; конкурсный отбор; коэффициент корреляции; приёмная комиссия DOI 10.17122/ogbus-2014-2-425-437 References to this article (GOST) V.U. Yamaliev, A.A. Kudreyko, D.A. Churilov, O.A. Baulin. Comprehensive analysis: results of the Unified State Exam and education survey in the technical university // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2014. №2. P.425-437. URL: http://ogbus.ru/authors/Yamaliev/Yamaliev_5.pdf