THERMOMAGNETIC MARKERS IN STUDIES OF THE RESERVOIR ROCKS
Thermomagnetic curves of reservoir rocks have been studied as markers of substance and reservoir rocks formation. In the temperature range of 400-530C it is observed an increase in the magnetization (maximum it is reached about 500C), then it goes the decrease in the magnetization of the newly formed magnetite, and it is sometimes visible the decrease in the magnetization of hematite (650-680C). The curves of the second heating differ more considerably, which depends on the content of Fe, sulfur, organic matter in samples. A series of the peaks are observed in the temperature range from 250 to 400C. These peaks are caused by magnetostatistical interaction of the generated pyrrhotine and magnetite. Since these minerals are formed into some aggregates, we observed temperature of Curie of pyrrhotine by the peak of the relative increase in the magnetization, caused by the transformation of magnetic and nonmagnetic sulfides into the magnetite (between 400C and 500C). This behavior is characteristic for the samples, which contain pyrite. Roughly, a quantity of pyrite can be evaluated on the decrease in the magnetization to ~400C. The presence of ferrous minerals, especially pyrite, not only decreases capacitive properties, but also it is the mineralogical factor, which influences the safety of the meta-stable phases of clay minerals.
- Balin V.P., Medvedskiy R.I., Nesterov I.I., Brekhuntsov A.M., Khafizov F.Z., Fedortsov V.K. Features of prospecting and expoitation of different deposits types of West Siberia // Geology of oil and gas. - 1989. - №6. - P.2-10. (in Russian)
- Bogatskiy V.V. The mathematical analysis of prospecting network. - M.: Gosgeoltekhizdat, 1963. (in Russian)
- Burov B.V., Nurgaliev D.K., Yassonov P.G. Paleomagnetic analysis. - Kazan: Kazan State University, 1986. (in Russian).
- Kontorovich A.E., Nesterov I.I., Salmanov F.K. Geology of oil and gas of West Siberia. - M.: Nedra. - 1976. (in Russian)
- Logvinenko N.V. Petrography of sedimentary rocks. – M.: Vysshaya shkola, 1984 (in Russian)
- Sholpo L.E. The use of magnetism of the rocks for the solution of geological problems. - L.: Nedra, 1977. (in Russian)
- Vonsovskiy S.V. Magnetism. - M.: Science, 1971. (in Russian)