Journal issues: 2/2013
Improved K-factors correlation for yemeni crude oil components using PVT laboratory data
In this study, the laboratory data for different Yemeni crude oil sample are used to test accuracy of empirical correlations used for predicting crude oil equilibrium ratio. Statistical techniques were used to evaluate these correlations. Statistical comparison of currently published correlations shows that absolute relative error range between 548% and 748.97% An improved correlation for Yemeni crude oil is developed for predicting K-values. This correlation was obtained by multiple-linear regression analysis. The new K-factors correlation was found to be an improvement over most published correlation.
- Standing MB. A set of equations for computing equilibrium ratios of a crude oil/natural gas system at pressures below 1000 psia. //JPT. 1979. №1193. Sept. Р. 5.
- Ahmed T. Hydrocarbon phase behavior. Gulf Publishing, 1989. Р. 244-86.
- Wilson G. A modified Redlich-Kwong EOS, application to physical data calculations: presented at the Annual AICHE National Meeting, Cleveland, Ohio, May 4-7, 1968. 15 p.
- Katz DL, Hachmuth KH. Vaporization equilibrium constants in a crude oilnatural gas system// Ind Eng Chem. 1937. №29. Р.1072.
- Hoffmann AE, Crump JS, Hocott RC. Equilibrium constants for a gascondensate system//Trans AIME. 1953. №198. Р. 1-10.
- Glaso OS, Whitson CH. The accuracy of PVT parameters calculated from computer ash separation at pressures less than 1000 psia //JPT. 1982. №181(Aug). Р. 1-3.
- Bashbush JL. A method to determine K-values from laboratory data and its applications//SPE. №10127 presented at the 56th Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition. (San Antonio) Texas, 1981.
- Whitson CH, Torp SB. Evaluating constant volume depletion data. //JPT. 1983. (March). Р. 610-20.
- McCain Jr. WD. The properties of petroleum Fluids. 2nd ed. //PennWell Books, 1990.
- Riazi MR, Daubert TE. Characterization parameters for petroleum fractions//Ind Eng Chem Res. 1987. №26(24). Р. 9-755.
- Almehaideb RA, Abdul-Karim MA, Al-Khanbashi AS. Improved k-value correlation for UAE crude oil components at low pressures using PVT laboratory data. //Fuel 2001. №80. Р. 24-117.
K-factors; statistical analysis; Yemeni crude oil; Йеменская сырая нефть; К-факторы; статистический анализ References to this article (GOST) Abbas Mohamed Al-Khudafi, Hani Ahmed Damag Improved K-factors correlation for yemeni crude oil components using PVT laboratory data // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2013. №2. P.149-160. URL: http://ogbus.ru/eng/authors/AbbasMA/AbbasMA_1.pdf