Improved methods of producing hydrogen
Now one of widespread and most important processes of the modern oil processing is the process of manufacture and purifications of Hydrogen. Installations of production of Hydrogen are available on many domestic and practically at all foreign petroleum refineries. Thanks to high reactivity, exclusive ease and the large number of heat allocated at combustion, Hydrogen found broad application in the industry. In different branches it is used and as the main raw materials, both as by-product, and as fuel. The main consumer of this gas – the oil processing and petro chemistry enterprise where goes to 50% of Hydrogen received by the production path. For example, hydro treating of 1 m3 of naphtha from sulfur compounds requires about 110 m3 of gaseous Hydrogen, and on hydro cracking of the same amount of naphtha the volume flow of Hydrogen makes 450 m3. Hydrogen is spent for carrying out catalytic reforming in even larger quantity. Often, for upgrading of some types of naphtha and coal with low hydrogen ion exponent use hydrogenation process (chemical accession of Hydrogen on an olefinic functionality). Thanks to high heat conductivity and lack of toxic influence, Hydrogen is actively used in power industry for cooling of turbo generators of high power. So, for the 2500 megawatt thermal power plant the consumption of Hydrogen makes 14, 2 m3 hour, and an inverse relation is observed: the turbo generators capacity there is less, the consumption of Hydrogen on its cooling is higher. Start of one carrier rocket requires about 100 tons of liquid hydrogen. Statistically, consumption of Hydrogen doubles each 15 years. The authors investigate of the methods of receiving hydrogen by steam conversion of hydrocarbons which allows to reduce expenses by expansion of a source of raw materials. For this purpose a propane-butane fraction, fuel gas from a factory network, natural gas and hexane fraction, and as waste gas from the PSA block is are offered as raw materials. Besides, waste gas with PSA it is offered to be use as a fuel of furnaces. It will allow to increase depth of processing of raw materials. To use heavy hydrocarbons as raw materials will allow preforming (figure.1). Preforming converts heavy hydrocarbons in methane. Preforming will assume part of functions of reforming. Preforming carrying cut part of work of reforming will increase effectiveness of the process.
- Ahmetov S.A. Tehnologija glubokoj pererabotki nefti I gaza. Uchebnoe posobie. Ufa: Gilem, 2002. 671 s. [in russian].
- Suhanov V.P. Kataliticheskie processy v neftepererabotke. M.: Himija, 1979. 337 s. [in russian].
- Tehnologija razdelenija uglevodorodnyh gazov./Dronin A.P. [i dr.] M.: Himija, 1975. 65 s. [in russian].
- Jakomenko L.M. Proizvodstvo vodoroda, kisloroda, hlora i shelochej. M.: Himija, 1981. 354 s. [in russian].
- Proizvodstvo I vydelenie vodoroda I gazov neftepererabotki. /Varshavskij O.M. [i dr.] M.: Himija, 1991. 388 s. [in russian].
- Processy poluchenija vodoroda iz suhih I vodorodsoderzhashih gazov neftepererabatyvajushih I neftehimicheskih zavodov I puti proektirovanija promyshlennyh ustanovok. /Grojsman S.A. [i dr.] M.: UNIIneftehim, 1970. 70 s. [in russian].
- Vodorod. Svojstva, poluchenie, hranenie, transportirovanie, primenenie. / Gamburg V.P. [i dr.] M.: Himija, 1989. 672 s. [in russian].
fuel gas; hexane fraction; hydrogen containing gas (HCG); methane; preforming; pressure swing adsorption (PSA); propane-butane fraction; reforming; водородосодержащий газ (ВСГ); гексановая фракция; короткоцикловая адсорбция (КЦА); метан; предриформинг; пропан-бутановая фракция; риформинг; топливный газ DOI 10.17122/ogbus-2013-6-267-282 References to this article (GOST) A.T. Gilmutdinov, M.I. Nikolaychuk, R.Z. Bessarabov. Improved methods of producing hydrogen // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2013. №6. P.267-282. URL: http://ogbus.ru/authors/GilmutdinovAT/GilmutdinovAT_1.pdf