QUESTIONS OF AUTOMATICAL DIGITIZATION FOR WELL LOGS
BashNIPIneft LLC,FSBEI HPE “Bashkir State University”, Ufa, the Russian Federation
BashNIPIneft LLC, Ufa, the Russian Federation
FSBEI HPE “Bashkir State University”, Ufa, the Russian Federation
Automatic digitization of well logs is a very relevant and important problem, because there are many paper well-logging diagrams in oil companies obtained before the computer age and though having no digital analogs. Such data need to be presented in the digital form for their computer analysis and further interpretation. Existing software for well logs processing digitizes well logs in semi-automatic mode, and this is not effective because of influence of the human factor and a large amount of information, which need to be processed. The authors have designed a program that implements automatic digitization of well logs with filled well passport containing information about border changes for every log and depth intervals. Testing of developed program revealed obtaining required accuracy withal increase of calculation speed in comparison with used software for semi-automatic digitization. At the moment identification of an artificial neural network for solving the problem of pattern recognition, which implements the problem of automatic digitization for diagrams headers and depth intervals, without filling well’s passport, is being held. It is planned further to use developed software for digitizing logs from paper and re-digitizing logs having been processed earlier in semiautomatic mode, i.e., microprobes readings. And this will allow increasing accuracy of geological model construction and hydrocarbon reserves estimation.
- Merkulov V.P., Posysoev A.A. Estimation of reservoir properties and online analysis of well logs. Tomsk: NOTs TPU. 2006. 176 p. [in Russian].
- GorbachevYu.I. Well logging. M.: Nedra. 1990. 398 p. [in Russian].
- Marchuk G.I. Metohods of computational mathematics. M.: Nauka. 1977. 456 p. [in Russian].
- Hanova A.A. Interpolation of functions. Astrahan’: izd-vo AGTU. 2001. 22 p. [in Russian].
- Lepskii A.E., Bronevich A.G. Mathematical methods of pattern recognition. Taganrog: TTI YuFU. 2009. 155 p. [in Russian].
- Merkov A.B. Methods of image recognition. 2010. URL: http://www.recognition.mccme.ru/pub/RecognitionLab.html/ methods.html. 71 p. [in Russian].
- Haykin S. Neural Networks – a Comprehensive Foundation. US: Pearson Education. 2005. 823 p.
- Oganezov A.L. Use of neural networks for solution of pattern recognition problems. Tbilisi. 2006. 149 p. [in Russian].
artificial neural networks; coding; digitization; handwriting recognition; interpolation; normalization; RGB-model; splines; well survey; well-logging data; геофизические исследования скважин; интерполяция; искусственные нейронные сети; каротажные диаграммы; кодирование; нормировка; оцифровка; распознавание рукописного текста; сплайны DOI 10.17122/ogbus-2015-1-426-450 References to this article (GOST) Lind Yu.B., Ishbulatova R.H., Khashper A.L. QUESTIONS OF AUTOMATICAL DIGITIZATION FOR WELL LOGS // Electronic scientific journal "Oil and Gas Business". 2015. №1. P.426-450. URL: http://ogbus.ru/issues/1_2015/ogbus_1_2015_p426-450_LindYuB_ru_en.pdf