REGULARITIES OF PERYLENE DISTRIBUTION IN JURASSIC DEPOSITS OF WEST SIBERIA
On the about 450 mudstone and 65 coal samples study very high distribution of perylenes was found in mudstones of Upper Bajocian-Lower Bathonian and Callovian deposits located in the south-east of West Siberian Basin. The highest perylene concentrations were registered in shallow-sea deposits, smaller – in lake and lagoon, rather small – in marsh-ridden areas sediments. In the estuary sediment, as well as in the sediments of relatively deep (> 20 m) sea perylenes are absent. Perylenes are resistant to oxidative conditions in diagenesis. Maximum perylene concentrations were found in mudstone at Pr/Ph ranging from 2.8-5.8, in coals – from 7.0-10.5. At post-diagenetic stage of OM transformation perylenes are linked to kerogen preserving these compounds. Releasing from kerogen due to catagenetic factors perylenes are gradually destructed. Later on release of a new portion of perylenes occurs. Rarely, but very high perylene concentrations which increased with decrease in lipid content and increases in ash content and medium pH are found in recent valley peats.
- Сурков, В.С., Серебренникова, О.В., Казаков, А.М., Девятов, В.П., Смирнов, Л.В., Комаров, А.В , Тищенко, Г.И. Седиментогенез и геохимия нижнесреднеюрских отложений юго-востока Западной Сибири, Новосибирск, Наука, 1999. 212
- Aizenshtat, Z., Perylene and its geochemical significance Geochemica et Cosmochimica Acta 1973. 37, 559-567.
- Louda, J.M.,. Baker, E.M., Perylene: occurrence, alkylation and possible sources in deep-ocean sediments. Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta 1984. 48, 1043-1058.
- Gschwend P.M. , Chen P.N., Hites R.A., On the formation of perylene in Recent sediments: kinetic model. Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta 1983. 47, 2115-2119
- Radke, M., Welte, D.H., Willsch, H..Geochemical study on a well in the Western Canada Basin: relation of the aromatic distribution pattern of maturity of organic matter. Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta. 1982 46, 110.
- Radke, M.. Organic Geochemistry of Aromatic Hydrocarbons. Advances in Petroleum Geochemistry, 1989 2, 141201.
- Radke, M., Welte, D.H. The metylphenantrene index (MPI): a maturity parameter based on aromatic hydrocarbons. Adv. In Org. Geochem. Willey, 1981. 512.
- Golovko, A.K., Mozzhelina, T.K., Serebrennikova, O.V. Distribution of perylene hydrocarbons in oil rocks of West Siberia. In Manning, D.A.C. (Ed.), Organic Geochemistry: Advances and Application in the Natural Environment, Manchester University Press, Manchester, 1991. pp. 190-192.
- Venkatesan, M. I., Occurrence and possible sources of perylene in marine sediments-a review. Marine Chemistry 1988. 25, 1-27.
- Wakeham G.S. Perylene in sediments from Namibian Shelf./ G.S. Wakeham, C. Schaffner, W. Giger // Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta, 1979, vol 43, No 7, pp. 1141-1144.
- Wakeham G.S. Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in recent lakes sediments – II. Compounds derived from precursors during early diagenesis./ G.S. Wakeham, C. Schaffner, W. Giger // Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta, 1980, vol 44, No 3, pp. 415-427
- Jiang, C. Origin of perylene in ancient sediments and its geological significance. / Jiang, C., Alexander, R., Kagi, R.I., Murray A,.P. // Organic Geochemistry 31, 2000. 1545-1559.
- Silliman J.T. Perylene: an indicator of alteretion processes or precursor materials? / J.T. Silliman, H.A. Meyers and B.J. Eadie // Organic Geochemistry. Advances in the organic geochemistry, 1997, Maastricht, p. 1737-1744.
- Orr W.L. Perylene in basin sediments of Southern Califirnia/ W.L. Orr, J.R. Grandy // Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta, 1967, vol. 31, No 7, pp.1201-1209.
- Hites R. A. Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbonsin an anoxic sediments core from the Pettaquamscutt River (Rhode Island, U.S.A.) /Hites R.A., Laflamme, R.E., Windorsor Jr.J.G., Farrington, J.W., Deuser, W. G.//Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta 44. 1980. pp.873-878.
- Jacob, J. Perylen and related polycyclic aromatic compounbs in Jordanian oil shale / Jacob, J., Alawi, M., Grimmer, G. // Polycyclic Aromatic Compounbs 2, 1991. pp. 13-17.